Life is all about living the moments and some of those moments are so rare that it just happens once in a lifetime. It may be the picture-perfect view or unlocking a new milestone or even finally hitting that award-winning move in your favorite sports. GoPro allows you to capture that specific special moment as it happens and it now comes in a smaller and a match durable package with the Hero 4 Session. It’s 50% smaller, 40% lighter and has the ultra compact water-proof design with one-button control for a simple yet powerful life-capture solution.
GoPro Hero 4 Session
GoPro has the coolest launches. When the GoPro Hero 3+ came to town, it was a launch while playing with Go Karts. We had a chance to wake board at Republik Wake Park for GoPro Hero 4. For GoPro Hero 4 Session, we had a chance to be archers and shoot for the bulls-eye and win a new GoPro Hero 4 Session. Would you believe, the bulls eye was the GoPro Hero 4 Session in the middle of the target? The Hero 4 Session is really durable that even if it got hit by arrows, it was still in one piece. That’s just one of it’s strong suit as the GoPro Hero 4 family just got better with the all-new Hero 4 Session. It’s the smallest GoPro action cam yet, the HERO4 Session benefits from a durable waterproof design that eliminates the need for a separate housing and features simple one-button control to make capturing immersive photos and video quicker and more convenient than ever before. The HERO4 Session is compatible with existing GoPro mounts and will retail for Php 20,990 at authorized GoPro retailers beginning July 12, 2015.
I’ve been a GoPro user since last year and I’ve been able to explore the trails, trek mountains and run races with the GoPro there to document the key moments. It’s not much of a burden as I partner it with a lightweight floater and there you go, I have a powerful action camera that’s ready to capture any surprises on the road ahead. I did have a share of adventure with my GoPro and that includes biking on air, seeing the sea of clouds at Mt. Pulag, reaching one of the highest summit in South East Asia in Mt. Kinabalu and just playing around in the waters. Then there’s a lot of trails, road races, family events and barkada happenings that just got a better coverage with the GoPro. Some moments happen once in a lifetime and I’m glad that there’s a handy and lightweight GoPro to help me document them in the process and share them here on my site. You Only Live Once so better make the most out of it, chased those moments, milestones and bucket list items and be sure to capture them.
With HERO4 Session, we challenged ourselves to produce the smallest, lightest, most convenient GoPro possible. HERO4 Session combines the best of our engineering and user-experience know-how to deliver our most convenient life-capture solution, yet. “I’m so excited about the launch of HERO4 Session because now I can finally use mine in public!,” ” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro founder and CEO.
HERO4 Session captures GoPro-quality 1080p60, 720p100 and 1440p30 video along with eight megapixel photos in Single, Burst and Time Lapse modes. It features many of the same innovative features found in GoPro’s best-selling HERO4 Black and Silver cameras, including SuperViewTM, Protune and Auto Low Light recording modes. An expanded set of controls and settings can be accessed when using the GoPro App or Smart Remote. Operating HERO4 Session is very simple. A short press of the shutter button quickly powers the camera on and video recording begins automatically. A long press of the shutter button powers the camera on and triggers Time Lapse photo capture. Press the shutter button again to save video or photo content and power the camera off. This simple one button design drastically improves the speed and convenience of capturing life moments as they happen.
HERO4 Session is built to GoPro’s famous rugged standards and is waterproof to 33 feet (10 meters). It features a sleek frame mounting system that is compatible with GoPro’s expansive array of mounts. An innovative dual microphone system dynamically switches sound recording between microphones to reduce wind noise during activities. Audio performance during water-based activities has been dramatically improved thanks to HERO4 Session’s waterproof design that eliminates the need for a separate waterhousing, which can often muffle sounds.
“At GoPro, sound quality is as important as image quality and we’re very excited about the stunning audio advancements we’ve made with HERO4 Session during water-based and windy activities. It’s incredible what this little GoPro can capture,” remarked Woodman.
HERO4 Session SRP Php 20,990
- Smallest, Lightest GoPro Yet with a weight of 2.06 oz (74g)and dimensions of 10.4 cm Depth x 7.0 cm Width x 24.6 cm Height)
- Professional Video Quality with a Stunning 1080p60, 720p100, and 1440p30 video
- Waterproof to 33’ (10m), no separate housing required
- Easy one-button control: short press of shutter powers camera on and begins capturing video, long shutter button press powers camera on and begins capturing time-lapse photos
- Powerful Photo Capture with a 8MP resolution for Single, Burst, and Time Lapse photos
- Compatible with GoPro mounts and accessories
- Dual Mic system captures enhanced audio during high wind and water-based activities
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth® enable easy connectivity to GoPro App and Smart Remote
- Auto image rotation corrects image orientation during recording
- Includes standard and low-profile frame mounts for increased mounting versatility
- Ultimate Mounting Flexibility. The camera can be rotated in mounting frames to create ultra compact mounting setups, while the ball joint buckle lets you adjust capture angles instantly.
- Easy Access to all modes and settings with the GoPro App or the Smart Remote.
- Protune f0r video delivers minimally compressed, cinema-caliber video optimized for professional productions.
- Super View Captures the world’s immersive wide-angle field of view
- Auto Low Light
- Expandable External Memory
- Built-In Battery (Rechargeable offers up to two hours of recording time)
- Works with GoPro App and GoPro Studio
Which GoPro is Right for You?
Everybody has a different preference and GoPro has a different line to choose from. There are entry level GoPro in the Hero and Hero+ LCD for those who just need the basic features in a GoPro. There’s the Hero 4 Silver and Black Edition for those needing higher resolution and there’s Hero 4 Session for those who wants to keep it lightweight and handy.
Facebook: GoPro Facebook Page Twitter/Instagram: @GoProPH Hashtag: #GoProPH
The GoPro HERO 4 and Hero is now available at all major consumer electronics stores or you can check www.dans.ph or call 894-5110 for inquiries.