While Stephen Curry is on top of the world as a 2 time NBA Champion and a 2 time MVP, he’s among the more inspiring underdog story. Undersized player who worked his way to the top of the sports and through that journey was Under Armour and his very own signature shoes. The first 200 pairs of Curry 4 lands in Manila this Week.
He’s the most un-guardable players with his range, foot work and speed and high basketball IQ. Stephen Curry has redefined the game in making the 3s a potent weapon as well as the range that help spread out the defense to facilitate Golden State Warriors free-flowing offense. With that range of skills set comes a shoe that can keep up with him. Curry 4 has been improved to be better in all aspects of the shoes.
More Comfort, More Control, More Traction
The Curry 4 is all about more – Stephen’s insatiable desire to win more, to play more and to achieve more. The shoe was designed from the ground up with one thing in mind – to help Stephen get more, from the first ideation conversations, to sketches, to design iterations and beyond.
The Curry 4 offers more control, via continuity; a seamless feel between the foot and the shoe, and that is evident when putting on the footwear. Immediately, the shoe conforms to your foot, with no break in period, offering more comfort than ever before.
Traction is critical to Stephen’s game; the ability to grip the hardwood with no slippage and ensure the quickest, cleanest cuts to offer that extra sliver of space gives Stephen all he needs to unleash the fastest, deadliest release in the league. Concentric circles, inspired by gravitational waves, achieve more traction, beyond any prior Curry footwear iteration.
Additional tech details driving the Curry 4:
- Knit internal sleeve creates a structural fit around the collar & forefoot for an amplified performance feel
- Microfiber synthetic quarter panel is bonded to the knit material giving the ideal balance of support with reduced weight
- Dynamic seam taping merges the knit sleeve & synthetic quarter panel without adding any stitching
- Speed plate for underfoot structure & performance containment built to handle explosive movements
- Cross-centric traction pattern is designed to optimize on forefoot-to-heel traction & provide amazing grip on any court
- Proprietary foam compound for responsiveness under foot
Stephen has helped redefine what success looks like in professional basketball – being quick and light is the name of the game, and Under Armour has applied that approach to the design and functionality of the Curry 4.