Newton Running is founded on the patented Action/ReactionTM technology which features a proprietary forefoot lugs, lightweight materials and glove-like fit to promote a natural running gait. It’s build for speed, comfort and safety. It’s forefoot lugs gives you an added push to take you to the finish line faster. By promoting a natural running form, it helps you avoid unnecessary injury. The technology was founded by Danny Abshire, a natural running advocate together with Jerry Lee, an avid marathoner who now acts as CTO and CEO of Newton Running, respectively. Newton is an active host to running clinics and charities and is also the official footwear of the 2013 Ironman Series. Newton technology was brought in the Philippines years ago and has been associated with elite and top age groupers in the Philippine Triathlon Scene.
2013 Newton Endorsers (From L-R) Andy Leuterio, Sandra Gonzales, Jay Valencia, Arland Macasieb, Mark Ellis, Doray Ellis and Toby Claudio. (Not in Photo, Keisha Fule and Senator Pia Cayetano)
The 2013 Newton Ambassadors have been introduced and consists of elite athletes that exemplifies the “Work Hard, Play Hard” Ideals and are renowned in their own fields and champions in the race course.
- Arland Macasieb: Elite and multi-awarded triathlete, 2011 Timex 226 and Ironman 70.3 Filipino Elite Champion and multi-time Ironman finisher and 2 time SEA Games bronze medalist.
- Andy Leuterio: Multi-awarded age-group triathlete and Coach. 30-34 Age Group Champion Tri United Series and Pico de Loro triathlon in 2012 and 2011 Ironman 70.3 World Championship Finisher.
- Don Velasco: Multi-awarded age group triathlete, SBR.PH “Male Age Group Triathlete of the Year for 2012, 25-29 Age Group Champion Tri United Series in 2012 and Tri United 1 2013 Champion.
- Joey Ramirez: CEO of Dan’s Bike Shop and a consistent Age Group Podium Placer, 30-34 Age Group Champion at Tri United 1 in 2013.
- Jami Ramirez: COO of Dan’s Bike Shop, consistent Age Group Podium Placer/Champion and 19-27 Age Group Champion 2013 Sipalay Triathlon.
- Julian “Jay” Valencia: A Newton Natural Running-certified Coach and 35-39 Tri United Series Age Group Champion in 2012.
- Toby Claudio: President of Quorum International who pioneered Newton Running and the RUNNR retail chain in the Philippines. Included in the top 10 in his first triathlon event in 2013 Tri United 1.
- Mark Ellis: Country Manager of Fitness First Health Clubs in the Philippines and 40-44 Age Group champion at the Subic International Triathlon in 2011 and 2012 .
- Doray Ellis: Business Unit Head for TV5 Entertainment, 40-44 Age Group Champion for Ironman 5150 and Ironman 70.3 Cebu in 2012.
- Keshia Fule: Specialized Body Geometry FIT Technician and the manager of the Specialized Concept Store, SBR.PH “Female Rookie of the Year” in 2012 and Age Group Champion at the 2013 Tri United 1.
- Sandra Gonzalez: Portfolio Managemer at ATR KimEng Asset Management. 2-time SEA Games Silver Medalist, 5-time National Women’s Champion and 30-34 Age Group champion at the Ironman 70.3 Cebu and Olympic-distance 5150 in 2012.
- Senator Pia S. Cayetano: Senator and a multiple-time finisher of the Ironman 70.3 distance, the 2007 Ironman Western Australia, a finisher to Tokyo, New York and other prestigious marathons.
Newton 2013 Collection
The 2013 Newton Running Shoes Line
Newton 2013 Collection is here and comes in flashier colors and improved functionality designed to add speed and safety to your run as it encourages a more natural running gait.
Motion (SRP P8,495.00)
Motion for Men
Motion for Women
Looking for stability? Then the Newton Motion is for you. This Stability Performance Trainer is for runners who need a training shoe that can also work for faster sessions and even for racing. Medial posting offsets pronation to complement the Action/ReactionTM technology in the forefoot. It utilizes highly breathable, fast drying open air mesh, minimal overlays, and metatarsal stretch panels for a light and comfortable fit. The carbon rubber heel and high density rubber outersole will last the distance runner many quality miles, yet a pair only weighs a scant 9.3 ounces. The heel-to-toe drop is 3mm.
Gravity (SRP P8,495.00)
Gravity for Men
Gravity for Women
Designed for neutral runners, the Newton Gravity can be used as a daily training shoe for faster-paced tempo runs, interval sessions, and as race shoe. The Gravity features Action/ReactionTM technology in the midfoot and heel, a biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate, and enhanced midfoot flexibility. The open air mesh upper is extremely breathable and quick drying. A high density outersole and carbon heel promote excellent durability for even the highest mileage runners. The Newton Gravity weighs 9.1 ounces and has a heel-to-toe drop of 3mm.
Distance S (SRP P7,995.00)
Need the lightest running shoe you can get without resorting to a racing flat? Check out the Newton Distance S. Designed for fast-paced running, this lightweight performance stability trainer is a great choice for runners who need a shoe for short- or mid-distance racing and weekly speed sessions. It features Action/ReactionTM technology, dual-density medial posting, a lightweight, quick drying mesh upper, biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate, high-rebound EVA in the midsole, and a lightweight EVA heel. The Newton Distance S weighs 7.8 ounces and has a heel-to-toe drop of 2mm.
Distance (SRP P7,995.00)
Distance for Men
Distance for Women
Designed for more efficient runners, the Newton Distance is a lightweight neutral performance trainer ideal for interval sessions, tempo sessions, and even for racing. Featuring a highly breathable, quick drying open air mesh, minimal anatomical support strapping, Action/ReactionTM technology in the midfoot, biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate, and Met-flex enhanced midfoot flexibility. The Newton Distance weighs 7.8 ounces and has a heel-to-toe drop of 2mm.
Newton Running shoes are exclusively available at all RUNNR outlets: RUNNR Bonifacio High Street, RUNNR Alabang Town Center, RUNNR Trinoma, RUNNR Cebu, Toby’s Shangri-La Mall, Toby’s Mall of Asia, Toby’s Glorietta, and Toby’s CDO Limketkai Mall. For details, visit www.newtonrunning.com, www.runnr.com.ph , or http://twitter.com/RUNNRstore and https://www.facebook.com/RUNNRPhils.
Me and my Newton
The easiest way to understand a shoes is to try it out and thanks to Newton and Runnr, I was able to get the Newton Gravity which is for Neutral Runners and I also love the colorway which reminded me of another famous logo.
Me and my Newton
The colorway reminded me of Superman’s Red, Yellow and Blue Colors. I probably have shoes for every shoe brand & technology and wearing Newton for the first time felt different since you actually feel the forefoot lugs at the bottom of the feet. I tried running with Newton Gravity and it all made sense. The forefoot lugs actually acts as a support when landing mid foot and then acts as a lever for an added push of the toe for your next stride. It felt more natural running with Newton with the extra lift reducing the stress factor of each stride. I was then running faster than my normal pace and the wear and tear is not much because of the support. I’m definitely doing more runs with my Newtons and can’t wait to try it out in my next road race.