I was among the few who jumped into the bandwagon when adidas launched its boost technology and in fact I used it during the Asian Food Channel’s Eat and Run event which was a relay event covering 2 kilometer each per runner with food waiting at the end of the run. It felt like I was bouncing with reduced impact on the knees and legs enabling me to run faster without worrying about muscle pains. I got the same result on longer test runs. The shoe had capsules that made each stride softer and generates energy to power the next strides giving one an efficient energy consumption and powerful strides. I’m particularly biased with flashy colorway but I settled for the black one since it’s the only available back then. Well, that’s about to change as the revolutionary cushioning material is now available in additional adidas products.
The BOOST cushioning technology has made its stride since it was launched early this year and was even honored by Runners World as Best Debut in 2013 and also took a similar title in its first appearance in a global marathon in Tokyo. The boost technology has been ground breaking and has revolutionized the running world but this was just the beginning.
Now, BOOST™ is being rolled out to more adidas running products and colours. In addition to the Energy Boost franchise, which will come in four colorways for both men and women, BOOST™ cushioning is now also available in adistar and adizero running footwear. In fact, BOOST™ foam will replace the common EVA material in all adidas running performance shoes by 2015.
The key to the BOOST™ innovation lies in thousands of small energy capsules which make up the footwear’s distinctive midsole. With their unique cell structure, these capsules store and unleash energy more efficiently in every stride. As a result, BOOST™ at last combines the previously contradicting performance benefits of soft cushioning and responsiveness to give runners a running experience unlike any other. The revolutionary cushioning material also maintains its performance in almost any conditions, at unparalleled levels and over hundreds of kilometres.
The shoe’s upper features adidas Techfit technology with highly durable and elastic polyurethane, providing optimal comfort and support to the entire foot while in motion. A stretch, breathable mesh material offers the fit of a sock, while engineered powerbands across the upper provide targeted support and stabilise the foot where needed when moving.
The new colourful Energy Boost collection will be available worldwide at adidas Sport Performance stores and selected retailers as of July 7, 2013 at PHP 7995. Visit www.facebook.com/adidas for more information.
Other Key Information about the Boost Technology
- The BOOST™ foam material combines previously contradicting performance benefits of soft and responsive cushioning.
- The energy return is provided by energy capsules in the midsole which store and release energy so efficiently that runners feel the difference from the first moment they put the shoes on.
- Based on an innovative process developed by adidas’ partner BASF, the world’s leading chemical company, solid granular material (TPU) is literally blown up and turned into small energy capsules which make up the shoe’s distinctive midsole.
- When tested at extreme temperatures from +40 to -20 degrees Celsius, BOOST™ foam performs more consistently and does not lose its cushioning properties like standard EVA. BOOST™ also maintains its key characteristics better over its lifetime than the comparable EVA midsole.
- Additional adidas technology featured in the Energy Boost includes: a special mid-foot support frame which cradles the foot in place, an extended TORSION® system from heel to toe which helps to minimise roll for more stability; an adiwear outsole which reduces wear in key sole areas and extends the life of the shoe; and an external heel counter which maximises the heel fit and comfort during the run.
- Energy Boost is miCoach compatible.