Race Yaya paves the way for your Ultra marathon journey with Cardimax – Clark Ultramarathon. Go Longer, Go Faster and Go Together on September 9-10, 2017 with 50K and 100K distances available for both solo and relay categories.
Cardimax Clark Ultramarathon
Cardimax – Clark Ultramarathon is a premier ultra-marathon event in the Philippines happening on September 9 and 10 at the Clark Freeport Zone. The event consists of 100 Kilometer Championship and 50 Kilometer Challenge categories. It also includes4-Men and 2-Men Relays for the 100K and 50K, respectively. The partnership between Cardimax L-Carnitine and the Clark Ultra-marathon team is a synergy of purpose intended for promoting health through sports. Cardimax L-Carnitine is a supplement that is ideal for endurance athletes; it helps in mental improvement and physical performance. It also reduces lactic acid accumulation and aids fast recovery.
Clark Ultramarathon gives the runners not just a goal but a journey as well. It’s a newbie friendly race that’s complete with a training plan and training sessions helping you progress to be an ultramarathoner. It’s also a good forum for seasoned ultramarathoners to chase a faster time with the wide, clean and scenic roads of Clark. It has the community vibe that can boost a runner’s morale to get you past the tough times on the race.
Cardimax – Clark Ultra-marathon, together with Race Yaya – Events Management, Clark Development Corporation, Simple Hydration Bottle, Quest Hotel, and Soleus / L-Time Studio, and its volunteer mentors and running teams are all set to bring together different perspectives, support and expertise, with the intention of providing an extraordinary race experience on the roads of Clark Freeport Zone. The Cardimax-Clark Ultra-marathon is a tough but memorable race. Runners of various degrees of speed and ability are expected to gather in this journey to harness their OWN energy: to go longer, go faster, and go together.
- Go Longer. It is an ideal race for the aspiring and relatively new ultra-marathoners to go beyond a marathon distance or do their first century distance. Similarly, endurance athletes can find the race as an avenue to improve and test their endurance levels while enjoying the tough but scenic course.
- Go Faster. The race is set to attract top marathoners and ultra-marathoners in a challenge to outrun themselves and their competitors. The race will reward top performances in individual and team categories.
- Go Together. This is more than a race; it is a journey designed to inspire each other in the sport. It offers an 18-week Training Calendar and a race day event where runners can learn from each other and from coaches, fitness professionals and other partners. Together, our runners will “dig deep” and explore the innate, possibly dormant, strength in them. Everyone will experience the special camaraderie and friendship among competitors, volunteers, race officials and spectators.
- RACE: The race starts at the Clark Parade Grounds between September 3rd and 4th, 2016. The surrounding area of the Clark Museum will be transformed into a festive race venue to welcome ultramarathoners, volunteers, family and friends. Clark Development Corporation (CDC), The Villages are the venue and hotel partners.
- RACE ROUTE: The route shall take the runners to the wide highway towards the main gate, along the tree-lined Airforce City which displays WW2 fighter jets and planes, and will further take them towards SCTEX and back to Sacobia River on their 25th kilometer. Halfway, the terrain shall present some steep climbs and downhills until the turn around point back to Sacobia Bridge. The last kilometers will be along Balagtas Avenue, aptly called “The Wall”. The route is a mix of open and tree-lined roads. It is expected to be chilly at night and scorching hot during day time. A scenic view of the mountain ranges of Miyamit and Mount Arayat shall be a treat to the runners.
Clark Development Corporation, the Philippine Air Force, together with our marshals and Team Rescue 8 Medics, shall ensure safety for all participants. There will be plenty of support at aid stations to allow the runners to focus on their race. Outside support is prohibited, except at the identified aid stations. This is a green race; runners have to bring their own bottles to aid stations. Simple Hydration bottle will be providing discount vouchers for all runners.
100K runners (including the 4-men 100K relay teams) will take off at 6PM, while 50K runners (with the 2-men 50K relay teams) will start at 12 midnight. Participants should finish within 10to 18 hours after gun start for 50K and 100K, respectively.Real time updates on the athlete’s location will be available online as they pass through time checkpoint stations via the Race Yaya Timing System. Soleus will be the official timing partner. This will be the first of its kind in the ultramarathon road racing in the country.
The organizers and sponsors will treat participants as they cross the finishing line with race rewards. Top three overall and top three in each age-group category will be awarded during the Awarding Ceremonies. The fastest 100K and 50K team for 2016 will be crowned Team Champion. The 2015 Team Champion to beat is Ayala Triads for 100K and Team Soleus for 50K.
It is time to HARNESS YOUR OWN ENERGY!
What to Expect?
- INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE: On its third year, Cardimax-Clark Ultramarathon is expecting participation from international runners, particularly representatives from neighboring Asian countries. Local champion, Wilnar Iglesia, represented the country in March 2017 and won the championship in Titi Ultra, Malaysia. The team expects to continue to send our top athletes in competitions outside the country.
- VOLUNTEERS: Significant numbers of running teams have signified intention to volunteer in our Aid Stations. Volunteer application is still open.
- TRAINING SESSIONS
- Weekday Tempo Run – Ayala Triangle (June 2017)
- Weekday Speed and Strength Run – Ayala at the 30th (Secondwind)
- Recon Run – August 28, 2017 (Clark Freeport Zone)
- TRAINING PROGRAMS: Upon registration, participants are provided an 18-week recommended training program for them to properly prepare for the race.
- TRAINING MENTORS: Experienced running teams who have volunteered to adopt runners in their training: Ayala Triads, Second Wind Run Team, Soleus, Team Matindi, Pinoy Aspiring Runners, Powerpuff Boys, Urban Runners and Marupok. The training schedule of Volunteer running teams will be posted in our website. Runners who wish to join the team in their trainings can join and connect to them directly.
Date and Venue:
- Date: September 9-10, 2017
- Venue: Clark Freeport Zone
Fees and Inclusions:
- 100K – Early Birth P3,300, Regular P3,500
- 100K Relay (4 x 25) – Early Birth P4,800, Regular P5,000
- 50K – Early Birth P2,000, Regular P2,200
- 50K Relay (2 x 25) – Early Birth P2,300, Regular P2,500
- Early Bird (April 15 or when slots are filled up)
- Inclusive of 18 weeks training program, personalized race bibs, race yaya timing bracelets, P300 GC from Simple Hydration, finishers shirt and Medal
- Go to https://www.raceyaya.com and follow the registration procedures in the website.
- Please ensure that you have read the (a) Race Details: Description, Qualifications, Restrictions and (b) Race Rules and Regulations.
- Runners have the option to pay online, via bank deposit or at the Second Wind Running Store. Runners who have paid online will automatically get their slots reserved. Non-online payment should be made ideally within 48 hours from registration, otherwise, slots will be re-opened to other runners. Registration will only be confirmed after payment.
Any runner found to be in violation of the race restrictions, qualifications and requirements after registration and/or payment will result to disqualification, race exclusion and forfeiture of their registration fee.
The Race is organized by Race Yaya. Race Yaya is a team of seasoned runners who have professional expertise in the fields of marketing, finance, event management, information technology, race organization, among others. They have organized and managed several major endurance events.
- CARDIMAX L-CARNITINE
- L-Carnitine has been recognized as a weight loss supplement, but it is more important than that. It helps our body function the way it should.It is necessary to transport fat into the mitochondria of the cells to produce energy. Whether it is energy for a sport or our simple daily activities, energy for a sick or recovering patient, energy for the elderly, Cardimax helps create it naturally and efficiently. Cardimax – Harness your own energy!
- RACE YAYA
- The Race is organized by Race Yaya as Event Manager with Attorney Jonnifer Lacanlale as race director. Race Yaya is a team of seasoned runners who are professionals in the fields of marketing, finance, event management, information technology, race organization, among others. They have organized and managed several major endurance events.
- SIMPLE HYDRATION
- Simple Hydration Bottle provides each runner with special discounted price which will allow them to #RUNSIMPLE during their training runs and at the race itself. Simple Hydration bottle is a 16oz hook-shaped bottle, which you can tuck anywhere. It is so SIMPLE! Order at www.runsimpleph.com
- SOLEUS WATCH AND L-TIME STUDIO
- Soleus is an experienced product team focused on creating innovative timing devices, including watches. The “push-one-and-run” feature GPS paired with the sleek casing and styling has made this GPS our indispensable/go-to everyday watch as well. So the reviews are in—GPS One. It delivers everything you need. Soleus is available at all L-Time Studio Branches
- QUEST HOTEL
- Quest Hotel will be the official hotel and venue partner. Race Briefing and kit claiming will be held at the hotel’s conference center. Participants can enjoy special rates and easy reservations. For more details, visit clarkultramarathon.com.
- Venue Partners: Clark Development Corporation, Quest Hotel, The Villages, Second Wind Running Store, Maximus Athletes Shop Café, El Kabayo.
- Website: clarkultramarathon.com