UA Athlete Meggie Ochoa has again brought pride for the country with her recent Gold Medal win at the Grand Slam Jujitsu World Tour last March 10, 2018 in London. Annie Ramirez and Kaila Napolis also took home the Silver Medal in their respective divisions.
Meggie Ochoa, UA athlete, hailed as the Asia’s Jujit-su Princess, bagged Gold again in London on March 10 at Abu Dhabi World Jujitsu tour. She competed in the 49kg purple belt division. She fought against Spain for her first match, which she won by points. Meggie then faced Indonesia for her second match, which she won via Choke hold.
Aside from Meggie, there were other Filipino fighters in Annie Ramirez, Kaila Napolis and Gian Dee with coach Ali Sulit. Annie fought in the 62kg purple belt division while Kaila competed in the 55kg purple. Both competitors won Silver. The event was held at the Copper Box Arena. Each medalist won cash prizes and the Philippine delegation were supported by Philippine Sports Commission headed by Mr. Butch Ramirez and Philippine Sports Institute Marc Velasco
“All for the His Glory”, exclaimed by Meggie.
She has back to back projects while on training for her International fights. She is leading an Advocacy event on June 16 at SM Mall of Asia Music Hall with her co-fighters and coaches in titled Fight to Protect.
- March 8-13: London Grand Slam Competition
- March: E2E Overall Planning
- March 25: Local Competition for Students and Kids
- April-June: Built to Empower Project
- April 20-29: Abu Dhabi World Pro
- April 29-May 29/June: San Diego Training Camp
- May 8-12: CAFO Conference
- May 26: Local Competition for Students and Kids
- May 29-June 5: European Ju-Jitsu Championships (tentative)
- June: Thailand Open
- June 16: Fight to Protect Event
- July: Know to Say No Project
- July: Asian Ju-jitsu Championships Kazakhstan Competition
- July: Tokyo Grand Slam Competition
- August: Asian Games
- September 7-9: Asian Open (not joining but help teammates prepare)
- September 8: Local Competition for Students and Kids
- September: E2E expansion plans
- October-December: San Juan VAWC Program