” We were part of the first group to try out the newly expanded trail in Filinvest last year. It’s one of the most accessible trails conveniently located at Filinvest City, which despite its urban landscape has been closely attached to nature. Urban Trail Run takes you 15 kilometers into Filinvest trails, which combines the forest trails and the urban setting. ”
When you say trails, you get the thought of far flung areas where you have to trek a significant amount of elevation and get treated to a scenic view. Filinvest changes that since it’s easily accessible being just 15 to 20 minutes away from Makati via the Skyway. It retains the refreshing forest view of the trails with a rolling terrain across the course. Get ready to run on different surfaces from dirt roads, trails, forest tracks and concrete roads with both the lush green natural landscape that makes Filinvest a Garden City and the high rise buildings that also makes Filinvest one of the more advanced cities in Metro Manila. Filinvest would also give you scenic views coming from both the trail and the road.
This is a NEWBIE friendly course with moderate elevation. Don’t be intimidate by the distance as 15 kilometers on trail is more refreshing that it is on the road. This would also be a more relaxing environment and DO take your time enjoying the trails to have a better appreciation of the views. Aside from the scenic delight you get on the trail, you’ll also get a nice finisher medal to reward your effort. Filinvest would also be a great place to bond for family and friends so run with them as this would be a feel good run and a perfect time to bond while enjoying the route. This is an intimate run with about a thousand runners doing the distance. Register early and get ready to be treated by the views of Filinvest.
Date and Venue:
- October 26, 2014, Filinvest City, 5:30 Am
Fees: (Inclusive of Sublimated Technical Event Shirt, Race Number, Finisher’s Medal, frontRUNNER Magazine, Sling bag with goodies after the race.)
- 15K – P850
- Deposit 850.00 Pesos to BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) Account Number 2371 0034 71/Account Name Hardcore Publishing House, Inc.
- Write your full name, gender, contact number and shirt size on deposit slip and together with fully-accomplished race-waiver UTR15K and email to UTR15K@gmail.com with the subject UTR15K. (For shirt sizing, please refer to the chart below.)
- Confirmation email will be sent after receipt of all requirements.
- Distribution of pre-race items will be conducted at 100 Miles Cafe/Galileia Events Place (2nd Floor, Pointe 2 Bldg, 28th St., BGC, Taguig) on October 16, 17, and 18, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Claimants must bring their identification cards (ID), original deposit slips and race waiver forms when claiming their kits. Those who will send representatives must send a photocopy of their ID AND an authorization letter.
- THERE WILL BE NO RACE KIT DISTRIBUTION DURING RACE DAY AT THE VENUE. Please email the organizers if you are unable to claim your race kits on the said dates.
- Start/Finish Line: Pacific Rim, Filinvest City, Alabang.
- Gun Start is at 5:30 A.M. Assembly Time: 4:30 AM, RAIN or SHINE. Please be on time. Latecomers will NOT be allowed to officially join the race anymore. However, they are still entitled to post-race items except the Official Finisher’s medal.
- Runners will run two identical loops of 7.5 kilometers each. The route is a combination of concrete roads and single track trails. The trails make up the vast majority of the course. The Race route will be marked by ribbons and/or directional tarpaulins. No time credits will be given for runners who get lost, therefore all runners are encouraged to pay attention to race markers/signs.
- There will be aid stations located at Kms 4, 8 and 12 where all runners are free to refill.
- ALL RUNNERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN HYDRATION BOTTLES/PACKS. YOU ARE FREE TO REFILL IN ALL STATIONS. THERE WILL BE NO CUPS AVAILABLE IN ALL AID STATIONS IN KEEPING WITH THE “LEAVE NO TRACE” theme.
- Littering is absolutely prohibited. Violation of this rule will merit outright disqualification. Garbage bags will be available in all aid stations.
- All runners must wear their race numbers in front, pinned on the shirt or shorts.
- Runners who decide not to continue the race must contact the Race Director or inform the nearest aid station marshals for proper accounting.
- There is NO shuttle service provided to and from FILINVEST CITY.
- FREE parking is available at designated parking areas adjacent to the event site. While security will be provided, runners will be solely responsible for securing their belongings. Race organizers and management will not be held liable for any damage or loss to personal items.
- Baggage deposit counters will be available at the same site.
- The Race Director may, at any time, make revisions on the course and race details/rules for the benefit of all runners and reserves the right to use pictures and videos taken by any participant for publication in any form of media without any consideration, monetary or otherwise. Owners of published photos/videos will be duly recognized.
- Race Director’s decision is final.
- For additional inquiries, please email email@example.com or call/text 0922-822-9342.