I’ve been a fixture in Salomon Races for the past few years. Why? It’s because they have an innovative way of presenting their trails. While the Xtrail, deals on the extreme side of the trails, city trail is a feel-good, scenic and moderately challenging race. It replicates the intricacies of the trail using the regular obstacle in the city like uneven cobblestone paths, mud tracks at the sidewalks and yes, stairs. The rich heritage in Intramuros make every step in the race such a visual adventure. Enjoy a moderately challenging and visually enticing race by joining Salomon City Trail happening on September 6, 2015 at Intramuros. #MakeEveryRunAnAdventure
Salomon City Trail
I joined the 12 K category of Salomon City Trail last year and that gave me 4 different scenic looks at Intramuros. It came with a festive and relaxed environment that you’d enjoy both the run and the heritage attractions of Intramuros. It also brought in the challenges you get from the trails. You get to navigate uneven cobblestone paths and climbs along the famed walls of Intramuros. You get to pass by some mud tracks at the side of the road as you go through the exterior of Intramuros. You get also your share of stairs as you climb up and down the walls of Intramuros. That’s what I like about the City Trail concept. It gives you the challenges of the trails in the convenience of the city. Salomon City Trail is happening again on September 6, 2015 at Intramuros with 6K and 12K category to choose from.
CITYTRAIL is Salomon’s approach to everyday running in the city. Recognized for technical leadership in trail running footwear, Salomon built CITYTRAIL as a way to escape running on the same route everyday. It began with an idea of re-creating the kinds of terrain and surface variations that is found in trail running, but in an urban landscape. Even the most avid trail runners want to vary their routine- a staircase, a steep hill, a bridge, or maybe linking different surfaces through a park, it just makes running more interesting.
The CITY TRAIL RUN is a global event that has been held in Europe, United States, and parts of Asia (Malaysia, Singapore, Hongkong, and Taiwan) to encourage runners to make their own trails in the city. This September 6, Salomon will take urban dwellers back to Intramuros, the heart of the Metro, the oldest City in the Philippines, perfect for an adventure run & rich with culture and heritage. The Citytrail Race Route will include running on different surfaces—pathways, roads, sidewalks, alleyways, bridges, stairs.
Suited for Citytrail Running, Salomon presents the X-SCREAM 3D and the SENSE MANTRA 3 footwear models, which combine the technology we’ve come to expect from Salomon. As the #1 brand in trail running, the same technology is infused in these Citytrail models—to bring out the best performance in running. Providing excellent foothold and comfort, they are constructed to have a firm grip on both hard and loose surfaces, perfect for varying terrains in the City. The City Trail running collection of Salomon merges the convenience of a running shoes that can give you proper traction on trails and still retain speed on the road.
Salomon CITYTRAIL encourages all to find trails wherever they are, even in an urban environment. Step out of your routine, connect with your surroundings, and rediscover the joy of running. To find out more about CITY TRAIL RUN 2015, you can go to their Facebook page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries regarding this event.
The Salomon City Trail Manila 2015 is powered and sponsored by the following partners: R.O.X. , History Chanel, Gatorade, Intramuros Administration, Suunto, , Sea to Summit, Otterbox, Goal Zero, Eco x Gear, Nalgene Stance,and the Primer Group of Companies. Salomon would also like to thank the following media partners:The Philippine Star, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Business Mirror, Business World,Multisport, Pinoy Fitness.com, www.wheninmanila.com, and takbo.ph.
Salomon is exclusively distributed by the Primer Group of Companies, Asia’s next retail giant.
Date and Venue
- September 6, 2015, Fort Santiago, Intramuros, 4 pm
- Start/Finish line will be at Fort Santiago, Intramuros. Just show your Race bib, and your entrance fee to the premises will be waived. Companions will have to pay the Entrance Fee to the Fort.
Distances and Inclusions
- 6km Citytrail – P900
- 12km Citytrail – P1,200
- Inclusive of Racebib, Timing Chip, Salomon Citytrail Singlet, Salomon Wayfarer Sunglasses, Post-race Meal, and a historical running tour of Intramuros.
- July 22 to Aug 23, 2015
- Online Registration: Via Incognitus Events formerly Runner’s Runner
- Salomon Stores
- Aug 24 to Sept 4, 2015 (R.O.X. BHS Race Kit Distribution and Registration)
- The Citytrail Manila Race is a GREEN RUN. No disposables will be given throughout the racecourse. Gatorade dispensers & Water Jugs will be stationed around the road areas of Intramuros. Everyone is mandated to bring their own hydration provision – hydration belts, handheld hydrobottles.
- Top 3 male & female winners per distance will be awarded. ROX Gift Certificates, Salomon Products & other freebies await the winners. Raffle items will also be given away.
- Facebook Event Site: Salomon City Trail
- The Citytrail Race will not be a conventional road run. It will include challenges such as going up stairs, bridges, ramps—different footstikes that simulates the skills needed in trail running. It smultaneously is a historical run, passing through landmarks & scenic areas with FAQs. Cutoff time for the entire race, is 2hours.