My QCIM 2011 Experience (Read Here)
Quezon City International Marathon
It’s all systems go for QCIM 2012 – Photo by Daisy Castaneda
The shortest distance between two points is a straight line and the fastest way to finish a race is through a straight course. You can’t go any straighter than the country’s largest highway, Commonwealth Avenue, which would occupy a large amount of the race course for the Quezon City International Marathon (QCIM). Of course, you still get the usual turns but the good part about this is one turn would lead you to the famous UP Diliman grounds and the other turn would lead you to the scenic La Mesa Dam and Ecopark. That’s what QCIM has to offer.
QCIM 2011 – Photo by Letsky Les
I was able to join QCIM in 2011 via a short and sweet 10K distance and I enjoyed running on the wide and well paved Commonwealth Avenue. It’s not your usual fast and flat surface, it has a rolling elevation and the climb at Tandang Sora is also challenging. For those in the half and full marathon distance, expect another climb along the way to La Mesa Dam. QCIM 2012 will be a further upgrade with Without Limits joining forces with perennial organizers/sponsors SMDC and Runnex. Without Limits has been very visible in the running scene this year and has made exceeding runners expectation a weekly habit.
QC Memorial Circle is another site to look forward to – Photo by Running Atom
The country’s largest highway, deserves the largest delegation of runners as the organizers are aiming for 12,000 runners for QCIM 2012 which would be held on December 2, 2012 and the race would be starting at Quezon Memorial Circle, Liwasang Aurora.
- Registration Period: October 15 – November 26, 2012
- Race Distance and Registration Fees
* International Participants must present valid passports
Promo: P50 discount for QC residents, students, employees (Bring Valid ID upon registration)
- Registration Partners
- Chris Sports (SM North, SM Megamall, SM Fairview, SM MOA & SM Manila)
- Fitness & Athletics, Bonifacio Global City
- All Terra Cyclery (Club 650, Eastwood, Libis & MC Home Depot, Julia Vargas, Ortigas)
- Runnex Office, UP Bahay ng Alumni, UP Diliman
- Field Residences Showroom, SM MOA
- Blue Residences Showroom, SM Megamall
- Grass Residences Showroom, SM North Edsa
- Online Registration (http://www.qcim.withoutlimits.ph) starts October 23- November 19, 2012)
- Free Running Clinic will also be held every Sunday at UP Academic Oval in Diliman, Quezon City.
- Finisher shirts for 42K finishers, Finisher Medals for 42K and 21K Finishers and Finishers Lootbag for all participants
- The Medals
- Cutoff for 42K
- 21KM Mark: 3:30:00 hours
- 30KM Mark: 5:00 hours
- 35KM Mark: 6:00hours
- Parking Alternatives
- QC Hall
- North Ave., (Wild Life)
- Masaya St., (Teacher’s Village)
- Kalayaan Ave.
- Visayas Ave.
- Race Updates at Without Limits Website
Note: Thanks to Titanium Runner for Inviting me to the launch and to my Team mate in Team Total Fitness Daisy Castaneda for attending the launch on my behalf.