” Quezon City International Marathon (QCIM) is the premier running event in Quezon City for the past few years. In 2014, it gets a major makeover and shifting to a night run event in line with Quezon City’s 75th Founding Anniversary with a theme of Future Perfect. The event would also explore new areas of Quezon City with both Commonwealth and Quezon Avenue included in the race route. Choose your distance from 3K, 5K, 10K and 21K and let’s explore QC in a foot race at night. ”
QCIMThrowback QCIM: QCIM 2011 -Photo by Lestsky Les
The last time I was in a QCIM race was in 2011 and what can I say. I like the course especially the wide lanes of Commonwealth Avenue as it gives you a lot of leg room to run. It also provides a shift in running environment from the usual run course we have in BGC or at SM Mall of Asia. Though we will be missing the regular marathon distance, 2014 would have a more fun vibe with a night run event. It also excites me that we’ll be taking both the Commonwealth Avenue and Quezon Avenue areas as part of the 21 kilometer distance that also includes the underpass in Quezon Avenue crossing EDSA. That would be a really unique experience for runners. The course would also be a fast one since the course is a straight course and would be mostly flats. Aside from the new race route, the course will have the Quezon City Memorial Circle as its centerpiece.
The race would both be for competitive people with cash prices for the winners and for recreational and newbie runners who just want to enjoy the thrill of running. Everybody gets to bring home a finisher medal upon crossing the finish line. The race kits also have a flashy looks that would stand out in the dark of the night. The race items does match the theme of Quezon City’s 75th Founding Anniversary, Future Perfect, with the race deviating from the old school theme of previous editions of QCIM. With the wide roads of Quezon City, expect this to be a big event with about 9,000 across the different categories. This also makes QCIM the perfect family and barkada bonding run that you all can enjoy.
Each runner can choose a distance that’s more apt to their experience and goals with 3K, 5K, 10K and 21K distance available. The run is more than just a distance as it is also part of Quezon City’s 75th Founding Anniversary. The run would also support the cause of Aids Society of the Philippines and Climate Change Campaign. So Run, Help, Celebrate and Enjoy the QCIM Night Run, Register Now!!!
Promotion – Win an iPad Mini (3 Winners)
We’re giving away 2 race kits (Prepaid Card) for QCIM. Please follow mechanics below.
1) Share this post on your Facebook Wall using the FB Share Button below
- Make sure you set it in public mode
- Tag Francramon.com Facebook Book
- Add Hashtag #QCIMNightRun
- Add an Enticing and Creative Caption Inviting your friends to join QCIM and tag 5 of your friends in the post.
- Send Screenshot of your Wall Post to Francramon@yahoo.com (The entries will be based on the screen shots sent and also those with tags on the Facebook Page).
2) The winners would be chosen as follow:
- 2 winners would be based on randomizer.org
3) You can send at least one unique entry once per day to increase your chances of winning.
4) Contest is open until November 16, 2014, 11:59 PM and winners will be announced on November 17, 2014 at Francramon.com Facebook Book.
5) Winners should claim within 48 hours from the time of the announcement or else it would be raffled off to the others.
And the winners are:
1) Marvin Caguioa and Ian Yu
Date and Venue:
- November 29, 2014, Saturday, Quezon City Memorial Circle
Distance and Fees
- 3K – P650
- 5K – P750
- 10K – P850
- 21K – P950
- Inclusive of QCIM Singlet, QCIM Ecobag, Special LED Baller, Finisher Medal
- QCIM Finisher Shirt for 21K finishers
- Online at QCIM Website
- Via Credit Card (Starting September 16, 2014)
- Via Prepaid Card (Starting September 25, 2014), available at
- Toby’s MOA, North Edsa, Shangri-la
- Runnr BGC, Trinoma and ATC
- Via SM Tickets via (www.smtickets.com) – Starting September 25, 2014
- Online at QCIM Website
- Date: November 20-23, 2014
- Time: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Venue: TBA
- Bring your confirmation email (print out) and one (1) valid ID.
- If you are claiming for someone else, bring their confirmation email, one (1) valid ID of registrant and authorization letter
Assembly / Gunstart:
- Assembly: 7:30 PM
- Gun Start:
- 21K – 8:30 PM
- 10K – 9:00 PM
- 5K – 9:10 PM
- 3K – 9:20 PM
- QCIM Run Website
- Quezon City Official