Philippine Merchant Marine Academy
Philippine Merchant Marine Academy has been a training ground for Merchant Marine Officers since its inception and its Alumni Association has looked to uplift the standards of the marine profession and the welfare of the seafarers. The seafarers are the unsung heroes in the world trade being an integral part in all the vessel that facilitates the transfers of goods. Filipino seamen brave the seas and the distance from the family to be able to generate inflows for the country. It’s time to give back something to them.
PMMA’s Takbo Para Marinong Pilipino is a 5K run whose main beneficiary is the Seafarer’s Welfare Fund of PMMA Alumni Association Inc. But wait… This is not just for them this is for you too. With the race venue at McKinley expect for a nice course and a great uphill challenge which will not only be fun but strengthen your leg muscles. It’s also an Eat and Run event as the kit includes fiesta breakfast at Red Crab Alimango House after the run. Red Crab Alimango House is a good way to reward your efforts for a 5K run. Also, Chris Sports adds more incentives with a 5% discount coupon from them and a 40% discount on cushioned and lightweight ON shoes (Read about ON Shoes here). With Without Limits as organizer, expect a smooth and well organized run. So let’s run for them and for ourselves as this run will be for a cause yet reward you with a great food and discounts.
This plate awaits you at the finish line.
The Race Details
- Date and Venue: February 17, 2013, Venice Piazza, McKinley Hill, Taguig City
- Distance: 5K
- Regular – P700
- Student – P450 (Present SY 2012 – 2013 ID)
- Registration fee includes
- Race bib
- Finisher’s medal
- Free Fiesta Breakfast from Red Crab after the run!
- Discount stub from Chris Sports
- 5% discount on regular priced items in any Chris Sports branch
- 40% discount on ON Shoes (available in Chris Sports Glorietta only)
- Stub is valid from the date of registration to March 31, 2013
- Registration fee includes
- Registration Period: January 20, 2012 until February 15, 2013.
- Assembly / Gun Start: 5:00 Am /5:30 AM
- Race Map
- Registration Centers:
- Chris Sports SM North Annex Tel No. (02) 928-1487, (02) 927-6734
- Chris Sports SM MOA Tel No. (02) 556-0261, (02) 556-0260
- Chris Sports SM Megamall (02) 633-4946, (63)(2) 633-1659
- Fitness and Athletics Bonifacio Global City Tel. No. (02) 5191750
- The Red Crab Alimango House Tomas Morato Tel. No. (02) 412-4323
- The Red Crab Alimango House The Venice Piazza Tel. No. (02) 403-8011
- The Red Crab Alimango House Lucky Chinatown Mall Tel. No. (02) 7089578
- The Red Crab Alimango House Resorts World New Port Mall Tel. No. (02) 856-0087
- The Red Crab Alimango House Greenbelt 3 Tel. No. (02) 757 4129 / (02) 7574716
- The Flying Pig East Wood Tel. No. (02) 900-0886
- PMMA Office (TSM Building Dian St., Pasong Tamo, Makati Citym (02) 9372080 Mr. Glen Rosales)
- EXACT Center, Inc. (Exact Building, 891 Galicia St. Cor. Espana, Sampaloc, Manila, (02) 5596355 / (0918) 9122973 / (0922) 8597060 Mr. Sonny Dilag
- Race Updates: Without Limits Philippines (Without Limits Secretariat at 3837658 (look for Vayne or Marjan or text 0922-8386200)