Eat and Run
Some people get overwhelmed by the distance and the pace at how road races go but what if we totally change the rules. Let’s make it a relay to add team play in the equation and cut the distance into manageable distance of 2 Kilometers. Wouldn’t that be enticing for a runner? Let’s add food in the mix and not just any food but the one prepared by no less than the top 3 culinary schools in the country. 6 kilometer run for a team relay with each participant covering 2 kilometers each and eating the finest food. Tempted enough??? This first of its kind run is actually happening on March 24, 2013 at Piazza Venice in McKinley Hills in between. Asian Food Channel Eat and Run is a 6 Kilometers relay with 3 participants per team covering 2 kilometers each with a sumptuous meal awaiting them at each pit-stop. Run Fast, Eat Faster and don’t worry about eating too much, Carbtrim would be available at each Food Station.
So lace on your running shoes and prepare your spoon and your fork as this takes fun runs into a taste-buds satisfying level. So Eat, run and have fun in the process and while you’re at it, why not dress up in a fabulous costume and accessories to stand out at meal time. Oh what’s that sound I hear… That’s your tummy telling the universe, you’d want to join in this one-of-a-kind event. So give in to your cravings and register now as this happens in a few days. Happy Eating!!!
Eat and Run is brought to us by The Asian Food Channel and Nestle Acti-V, co-presented by Carbtrim, Global Academy, The Academy for Culinary Arts, together with their venue partner Venice Piazza at Mckinley Hill, organized by Runtertainment Inc., and media partners Summit Media, Mellow 94.7, philstar.com, clickthecity.com and wheninmanila.com. For more information, like them on Facebook by typing facebook.com/AFC.eatandrun.
- Date and Venue: March 24, 2013 6 AM, Piazza Venice, McKinley Hills
- Distance: 6K (2K each relay participant)
- Fees: P500 / head, P1,500 / team (Inclusive of Souvenir Shirts and Bibs)
- Attire: Costumes and Accessories would be highly recommended. There would also be a best in costume award.
- Registration Centers: Toby’s Shangri-la, Mall of Asia, Glorietta; RUNNR Bonifacio High Street; Brooks North Edsa; Olympic Village Festival Mall, Robinsons Galleria, Robinsons Ermita; and Olympic World Alabang Town Center.
- Race Updates: Eat & Run Facebook Page
RACE KIT GIVEAWAY!!!
Get a chance to win a Team Kit for three persons worth P1,500 by simply following the mechanics below.
1) Like Francramon.com Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/Francramoncom) or through the facebook tab at the sidebar since contest updates will be posted there.
2) Comment below using the Facebook comment tab below by completing the following statement:
I’d like to eat and run because ________________.
3) Ensure you checked the post to Facebook before sending your entry.
4) The post should now appear on your Timeline in Facebook. Share the post to your friends who you’d want to be your relay partner.
5) The winner would be be generated using randomizer.org from all the entries submitted.
6) Contest cutoff would be on March 21, 2013, 11:59 pm
7) Good luck!!!!
And the Winner is….