King of the Road
adidas King of the Year was always a key race for me with 2010 edition marked my transition to the 10K distance and the 2011 edition being my entry into the half marathon category and of course, 2012 being my entry into the 16.8K KOTR South East Asia Championship distance. adidas is always one of the best organized race in the country and in South East Asia, which is one of the reason tens of thousands of runners participate in this event. With it’s success in the Philippines, the King of the Road has evolved to be a regional championship with the Philippines hosting in 2011, Singapore in 2012 and Malaysia this year. The Philippines gets the 2013 adidas king of the road season rolling on July 7, 2013, Bonifacio Global City in Taguig and has started registration.
Step up your game and pick up the pace
While it is fun to do the shorter route, doing the longer distance gives you a more complete race experience which one of the reasons why adidas is offering 10K and 16.8K this year. So the transition from 5 to 10K or even 10 – 16.8K may be challenging but proper preparation can help you take the extra KOTR kilometers. Here are some sure fire tips from adidas in making that transition.
- Pre-Run Regimen – A good warm up and stretching can transform a good run into a great run and also prevent injuries.
- Train your mind – Running is also a mental challenge as you go on the longer distance.
- Take a break – Training is good but without rest in between, you’re muscles will never learn how to recover.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate – Replace sweat with water, energy drinks and gels.
- Strong and Steady – Build speed and endurance through constant training over time.
All In for the Biggest Race Across Southeast Asia
adidas Philippines Opens Registration for the Annual adidas King of the Road 2013
Good News Runners! It’s time to gear up, register and start pouring in the mileage in preparation for Adidas King of the Road 2013 happening this July 7 at Bonifacio Global City as registration is now openRunners showed up from all walks of life, including this father who pushed his son towards the finish line
- 16.8 Kilometers
- Closed, Exclusive for Filipinos*
- Open, for all Nationalities
Photo from Adidas PHL
- 10 Kilometers
- Regular, open to all runner
- Students Relay, exclusive to university student 25 years and below with a relay team composed of one male and female running 5 kilometers each.
Photo from Adidas PHL
* Winners of the 16.8 kilomenter closed category will be crowned Philippines King and Queen of the Road and will represent the country in the adidas KOTR Southeast Asia Championship in Malaysia later this year.
Participants that crossed the finish line were given medals and bragging rights as a finisher of the King of the Road 2012
“The brand’s battle cry is All In, as adidas continues to support and encourage people to be the best they can be in whatever interests they have —be it sports, fashion, or music” says Jason Gervasio, adidas Brand Communications and Sports Marketing Manager. “In the case of KOTR, adidas is showcasing its commitment to sports by bringing together and empowering runners from all over the Philippines and Southeast Asia, giving them a chance to engage in their passion for running.”
Southeast Asia Roads Lead to Malaysia
Participants were competing for the title of King and Queen of the road, and a chance to represent the country at the SEA leg in Singapore.
Starting in 2011, the adidas KOTR has been a regional event with different legs across South East Asian countries Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. The Philippines hosted the first KOTR SEA Regional Championship held at Bonifacio Global City in 2011. Singapore was the venue of the second KOTR SEA Regional Championship held at the Gardens by the Bay. This year, all roads leads to streets of Malaysia in October where winners from the participating regions will compete to be crowned as adidas Southeast Asia King and Queen of the Road.
How to Join KOTR 2013?
1) Online via http://adidaskingoftheroad.com/ph
- Not available for 10KM Relay for Students
- Online registration is open from May 2 to June 23, 2013.
2) Registration Sites
- adidas Greenbelt 3
- adidas SM Mall of Asia
- adidas SM Megamall
- adidas Powerplant
- adidas Trinoma
- adidas Two Parkade (Bonifacio Global City)
- Runnr at Bonifacio High Street
- Onsite registration is open from May 2 to June 30, 2013
Kits Claiming – July 1-6, 2013
- adidas, Trinoma
- adidas Two Parkade, Bonifacio Global City
- adidas, Mall of Asia
|10K Relay for Students
Male Students run first 5K, Female Students run second 5K
(All Nationalities, Students only)****
Men’s Regular (All Nationalities)
Women’s Regular (All Nationalities)
Men’s Closed (Filipino Only)
Women’s Closed (Filipino Only)
Men’s Open (International)
Women’s Open (International)
**** Must present vaild student IDs (must be valid until July 7, 2013) at the registration sites.
Group Discounts for:
- Group of 10-14 = Php100 off each
- Group of 15-19 = Php150 off each
- Group of 20+ = Php200 off each
Singlet Design:Photo from Adidas PHL
|Position||Open Category (Filipino Only)||Closed Category (All Nationalities)|
|1st||25,000 Php||35,000 Php|
|2nd||12,500 Php||15,000 Php|
|3rd||8,000 Php||10,000 Php|
|Position||Open Category (All Nationalities)|
(Runner #1 Male & Runner #2 Female)
|Position||Student Relay (All Nationalities, Students only)|
Hydration Partners: Summit Water and 100 Plus
Race Updates: adidas KOTR 2013, visit www.facebook.com/adidas, http://adidaskingoftheroad.com/ph/ or follow the conversation with #kotrph2013.
Assembly: 4:30 AM
Gun Start: 5:40 AM 10 Kilometers
Assembly: 4:30 AM
Gun Stat: 5:40 AM 16.8 Kilometers
Assembly: 4:30 AM
Gun Start: 5:00 AM Event Area