I enrolled Nowthwest Worldperks during my trip to Paris and the miles I earned from this plus taking advantage of some promos in the internet had me earning enough miles for a trip in Singapore in 2005. I was able to get a Malaysian Airline flight that had to go to Singapore via Malaysia coming from Manila. It’s a bit rare to have connecting flights from the Philippines to Singapore but since this was free, no complains here. It’s a go, a full week in Singapore and I’ll be staying in my friends place the whole time. I have then been in Singapore at least once a year for work (and play) assignments.
The Red Dot in terms of land area but it’s also one of of the busiest financial hubs in the whole world. It has also collected several tourist attractions along the years.
- There’s Sentosa where you can have a variety of activities for friends and families. I was also able to watch laser show here before.
- There’s the night and day zoo fun at Singapore Zoo and Night Safari.
- Play with the various species of birds and be amazed by their performances in the Jurong Bird Park
- Get to play with Snow at Snow City and be up-to-date Science Center.
- Get sporty at East Coast Park. I had my one and only attempt at wake boarding when I ended up in the middle of the lake and had to swim from the middle of the lake to the end of the lake and being a slow swimmer it took me long and just a few meters going to the tip a jet ski approach me if I needed help. Of course, pride prevented me from riding the jet ski as this is a few meters remaining.
- Shop for souvenir and food at China town.
- Take a walk around Orchard Road.
- Love nature at the Botanical Garden.
- Appreciate the Merlion at Merlion Park.
- Enjoy the night life at Clarke Quay.
- Take a look at the city via the Singapore flyer.
Picnic at Sentosa
Taking a swing at Singapore is relatively easy as they have efficient MRT and bus numbering system. They also have easy access to taxis so touring the place can be a breeze. I also love the place because of colleagues and friends I have who migrated here. Swinging Singapore is a yearly thing but I guess development is fast that they come up with something new every time.