Cavite’s soil is rich in tradition, heritage and heroism. XIII Martyrs of Cavite pays tribute to fallen heroes executed in 1896 for cooperating with the Katipunan during the Philippine Revolution back then. Aside from honoring them, the 65 kilometer Ultra Marathon Route would also be a visual tour of Cavite and its rich history. Race day is on October 10-11 at Trece Martirez in Cavite. #XIIIMartyrs65KUltra
Run in Cavite’s Rich Heritage
The Thirteen Martyrs of Cavite (Spanish: Trece mártires de Cavite) were Filipino patriots in Cavite, Philippines who were executed by musketry on September 12, 1896, for cooperating with the Katipunan during the Philippine Revolution against Spain. The city of Trece Martires in Cavite is named after them.
- Luis Aguado
- Eugenio Cabezas
- Feliciano Cabuco
- Agapito Conchu
- Alfonso De Ocampo
- Maximo Gregorio
- Maximo Inocencio
- Jose Lallana
- Severino Lapidario
- Victoriano Luciano III
- Francisco Osorio
- Hugo Perez
- Antonio San Agustin
In 1954, the capital of Cavite was transferred to a newly created city situated near the center of the province, and it was named Trece Mártires in their honor. Each of its 13 barangays were named for each of the martyrs. On May 24, 2004, a new monument to the thirteen patriots were inaugurated in Trece Martires City near the City Hall. The 13 Martyrs has a strong tie in Cavite’s heritage and it would be nice to honor them in a run around Cavite on October 10-11, 2015 in a 65 kilometers Ultramarathon Event.
It’s not just a run with lessons of history as a backdrop. It’s also a tour of the different historical sites in Cavite. Start of at Trece Martires Monument, which got its name from the 13 martyrs and get to pass through Cavite State University, Alfonso Municipal Hall, Bonifacio Trial House, Naic – Trece Junction, Cavite Provincial Capitol and finish back at the Trece Martires Monument.
There would also be a relay event for two for those who would want to team up in conquering the 65 kilometer distance. Let team play work for you and be among the top two-person relay team in the event. Go Solo, Go as a Team, Be brave and pull that hero within you to run this race and explore a portion of Cavite’s history.
Date and Venue
- October 10-11, 2015, Trece Martires Monument, Trece Martires City ( In Front of Waltermart)
- Assembly Time: October 10, 2015 9PM
- Gunstart: 12AM Sunday
- Cutoff: 14 Hours
Distances and Inclusions
- Early Bird Rates (August 31- September 21 Only) – P1,650
- Regular Rates: (September 22, to October 9 Only) – P 1,800
- Two Man Relay Rates: P 2,200 (P1,100 Each)
- Medal for Both Runners and 1 Single Trophy (Event Shirts For Both Runners)
- Race Inclusions: Race Bib, XIII Martyrs Commemorative Event Shirt, Finisher’s Medal, Commemorative Finisher’s Trophy and Post Race Meal.
- Bank Deposit
- BPI Island Bank Current
- Account Name: New Era Race Event Management Inc.
- Account Number: 1591-0077-73
- Email the E-Copy of your deposit slip with your Name / Shirt Size and Distance Category (Solo or Relay) to firstname.lastname@example.org for registration confirmation.
- In Store
- Mizuno ( Alabang Town Center, Bonifacio Global City, SM Mall of Asia)
- Pre-race requirement
- At least a Marathon Finisher within Two (2) Months (Road or Trail)
- In great Physical and Mental Condition
- Race Kit Claiming
- MEDICAL CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY A LICENSED PHYSICIAN is needed upon claiming the Race Kit.
- Mandatory Gear
- Reflective Gear
- Hydration Bag or Hydration Bottle.
- Rules and other Information
- Hydration Station Every 10KM Support Vehicle is “Optional” (No Shadowing of Runner)
- Vehicle must Leap Frog at-least 2KM ahead of the runner and must always stay on the right side of the road.
- All runners must run on the far left side of the road facing the incoming traffic in SINGLE FILE.
- Self Support is “Allowed” (Convenience stores are also available within the route)
- No Pacer Allowed (Unless the Pacer is a registered runner)
- No Bandit Runner Allowed
- Runners without BIB will be immediately removed from the race course.
- Baggage Counter Available at the Assembly Area
- Cheaters are not Welcome (an Automatic DQ will be issued if caught cheating in the act / or evidence presented by the Race Marshals or other participants including support crew)
- Definitely “NO WHINERS” allowed. DO NOT join our race if you will not abide by our rules!
- READ ALL OUR INSTRUCTIONS before you sign up or register.
- The Race Organizer has the right to withdraw a runner if he/she is not following the rules. REGISTRATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE
- RACE KIT CLAIMING: RACE DAY OCTOBER 10 at 8PM (No Med Cert, No Race Kit)
- Facebook Event Site: New Era Race Event Management