Nuvali is the perfect trail for newbies with mostly flat terrain and a slightly rolling course. It also has the longer distances that seasoned trail runners are looking for. Valley Trail Challenge is happening on August 20, 2016 with 16K, 25K and 50K distances available that will showcase the runner friendly trails and wonderful views of Nuvali
Valley Trail Challenge
If there was a course that would perfectly introduce you to trail running it’s the Valley Trail Challenge. In fact, it’s on its 6th year already with increasing number of runners falling in love with the trails. Nuvali has the friendliest course with mostly flat single and double track dirt grounds. It is also a great venue to train yourself in following ribbon markers and directional signage as one wrong turn could lead you at a different part of the trail. In any case, it would be important to be keen and cautious on the markers and in case you get lost, just retrace your steps on the last marker you noted.
It’s a trail you can definitely blitzed with no long or steep climbs. It is also a mental challenge as the trails can go deep into the Nuvali area. There is a newbie-friendly 16 kilometer distance that can be a fast out and back course just to get you the feel of trail running. There’s a 25 kilometer distance that will take you deeper in Nuvali showing the wonderful sights in Nuvali’s trail. There’s of course, the 50 kilometer ultra distance that gives a full course view of the Nuvali trails and is an excellent entry point for the ultra trail category.
The race is scheduled to happen rain or shine. Don’t worry though, the Nuvali trails are safe even when its wet. It just gets exciting from there but it’s still run-able. Save the Date on August 20, 2016 at Nuvali, Register and Let’s all Enjoy the Trails.
Date and Venue:
- Date: August 20, 2016
- Venue: NATURE AVENUE, NUVALI, Sta. Rosa, Laguna
- Assembly Time and Race Briefing: 1:00 AM (50K), 2:00 AM (25K) and 4:00 AM (16K)
- Gun Start and Cut Off Time:
- 16k Start: 5:00 AM, Cut-off time FOUR (4) hours
- 25k Start: 3:00 AM, Cut-off time SIX (6) hours
- 50k Start: 2:00 AM, Cut-off time TEN (10) hours (Km 25 @ CP4/East Conservation Road Cutoff – 5:00:00 Hours and Km 37 @ CP 2/Miriam Cutoff – 7:30:00 Hours). Runners unable to meet this deadline will not be allowed to continue and will be brought back to the Start/Finish area.
- Please be on time. Latecomers will not be allowed to join the race as we will strictly implement all cut-off times for everyone’s good. However, runners unable to complete their event will still be entitled to post-race items, except the Finisher medal and/or shirt.
Fees and Inclusions
- 16K – P 950.00 pesos – Swag: Event shirt and Finisher Certificate, Post-race meal and drinks, one week supply of Pharmaton Multivitamins, a pocket calculator, goodies from Universal Robina Corporation and FrontRUNNER Magazine, plus a 20% discount on any Garmin watch purchase.
- 25K – P 1,500.00 pesos – Swag: Event shirt and Finisher Medal, Post-race meal and drinks, one week supply of Pharmaton Multivitamins, a pocket calculator, goodies from Universal Robina Corporation and FrontRUNNER Magazine, plus a 20% discount on any Garmin watch purchase.
- 50K – P 2,000.00 pesos – Swag: Event shirt, Finisher Shirt and Medal, Post-race meal and drinks, one week supply of Pharmaton Multivitamins, a pocket calculator, goodies from Universal Robina Corporation and FrontRUNNER Magazine, plus a 20% discount on any Garmin watch purchase.
- Registration Period: July 11 – August 12, 2016.
- On Site Registration:
- MULTISPORT HUB, Ground Floor Space-1, Building F, Solenad 3, Nuvali Sta. Rosa, Laguna, telephone: (049) 258 0824
- GARMIN STORE, 3rd Floor, Glorietta 5, Makati City
- ANTEL PLATINUM TOWER, Ground Floor Lobby, 154 Valero Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City
- Bank Deposit
- Bank :Bank of the Philippine Islands:
- (BPI) Account # 2371 0034 71
- Account Name: HARDCORE PUBLISHING HOUSE, INC.
- Print your name, shirt size, race category and contact number on the deposit slip together with your signed and duly-accomplished registration form and waiver. (DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM and WAIVER HERE). Scan or camera-capture and email to email@example.com. Make sure to email before the deadline for registration and check that you receive an acknowledgement email within 24-48 hours to confirm your registration. Please do NOT post on Facebook.
Race Kit Claiming
- Race kits can be claimed from August 17-18, 2016 at Antel Platinum Tower Lobby, 154 Valero Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City. Bring a valid ID and your proof of payment.
- All race kits unclaimed during this period may be claimed at the Frontrunner booth at the Start area on race day, at least one hour prior to gun start.
- THIS IS A TRAIL RACE. Please note that in keeping with the true tradition of trail running, environmental protection and preservation, runners are encouraged to be self- sufficient. Runners must bring their own refillable bottles/cups.
- Littering will be strictly prohibited and is a ground for disqualification. Garbage bags will be available in all checkpoints.
- Checkpoints/refreshment stations will be located at Km 4 (Xavier Trailhead), Km 13.5 (Miriam), Km 19 (Gate 5) and Km 25 (East Conservation Road), where all runners are free to refill and eat. Take note that this is an out-and-back course, therefore runners will be passing the same aid stations, save for their respective turnaround points, twice.
- While refreshments will be available at the checkpoints, participants are highly advised to bring extra hydration and food supplies since the distance between stations are farther compared to the usual set-up in road races. It is recommended that runners carry a minimum of one liter of water at all times.
- Runners are strongly advised to wear appropriate trail running gear and MUST bring their own headlamp/flashlight, first-aid kit, windbreaker/waterproof jacket, whistle, and functional cell phone.
- The race route will be marked by ribbons and/or directional tarpaulins. Runners must exercise utmost caution in all sections of the race course and be aware of their surroundings at all times.
- No time credits will be given for runners who get lost, therefore all runners are encouraged to pay attention to race markers/signs.
- Runners who decide not to continue the race must contact the Race Director or inform the nearest security/aid station marshal for proper accounting.
- NO free shuttle service to and from NUVALI is provided.
- FREE parking is available at designated areas. While security will be provided, runners are solely responsible for securing their belongings. Race organizers and management will not be held liable for any damage or loss to personal items.
- Baggage deposit counters will be available at the Start/Finish area. Runners are advised not to leave valuables and fragile items.
- The Race Organizers reserve the right to use pictures and videos taken during the event for publication in any form of media without any consideration, monetary or otherwise. Owners of published photos/videos will be duly recognized.
- The Race Director/Organizers may, at any time, make revisions on the course and race details/rules for the benefit of all runners.
- Any runner caught cheating, sabotaging course markings or violating the race rules will be subject to outright disqualification. The Race Director’s decision is final.
- The event takes place, RAIN or SHINE, unless the organizers announce its cancellation at least 48 hours before race day.
- Enjoy the trails and prepare to get dirty!!!