Coach Roel Amabao-Ano has contributed much to the field of running as an athlete and as a coach. This is the reason why the previous two staging of his birthday run (Coach Roel Birthday Run 2013 & WALL 2 SHOTGUN 10-Mile Race 2014) was successful. This year, Coach Roel’s Birthday Run 3 takes runners to the fresh route along Ultra, Pasig, Ortigas, Green Meadows and White Plains area with 3K (kids only), 5K and 16 Categories. There will also be a 4 x 100 relay and 4 x 400 relay that would include celebrities like Iza Calzado.
Ultra 10 Mile Challenge (Coach Roel Birthday Run 3.
Coach Roel has contributed to the running community as a runner and as a coach. While people spend their birthday’s in parties, coach Roel celebrates it with the runners in a feel good race with scenic backdrops. Last year, they came up with a challenging run in 10 Mile Challenge Wall to Shotgun Challenge which was a real lung buster. This year, they take the celebration to Ultra, which is a common training ground for a lot of runners, and takes the runners around Ortigas, White Plains and Green Meadows. There will be 3 kilometer distance for kids, 5 kilometers for short distance runners and a 10 mile (16 kilometers) challenge for those who prefer the long distance. There will also be track challenges along ultra with relay teams doing 4 x 100 meters and 4 x 400 meters. I was able to run around this area and it’s a really welcome breather for the usual SM Mall of Asia and BGC course plus the area also has a challenging hilly terrain.
The birthday run is happening on March 28, 2015 at Ultra. Since this one’s a party expect this one to end with one big boodle fight for all finisher. So register now and take part in a really challenging feel good run along Pasig Area. Race bibs can be claimed upon registration. “Ultra- 10 Mile Challenge (Coach Roel’s Birthday Run 3) is powered by RG Events and supported by Soleus Philippines.
Date and Venue
- March 28, 2015, Ultra Pasig
Distances and Inclusions
- Juego Trinoma, 3/F Trinoma Mall, EDSA corner North Avenue, Quezon City, +63 (2) 9018985
- Yonex Mega Mall, 3rd Level, Bldg. A SM Megamall, EDSA corner Julia Vargas Avenue, Mandaluyong, +63 (2) 9147430
- Li Ning Mall of Asia, 2/F South Entertainment Mall, Mall of Asia
- A Runners Circle Manila, Unit H, Aloha Hotel, 2150 Roxas Blvd. corner Quirino Avenue, Malate, Manila, +63 (2) 5674768
- 100 Miles Cafe in BGC, Second Floor, Fort Pointe, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, +63 (2) 8086001
- ULTRA (Phil Sports Arena), Track and Field Oval
- Race bibs can be claimed upon registration.
- 16K – 05:30am
- 5K – 05:45am
- 3K – 06:00am
- Relay – 07:00am
- Facebook Event Site: Ultra 10 Mile Challenge