There are just places that gonna make you say WOW and Sta Fe Trail Run is one of them. The Route passes through Philex Road and leads you to the Philex Ridge via the Sta Fe Trail. The route gives you challenging elevation climbs and scenic views along the way with the Philex Ridge as one of the key highlights. That’s 18 kilometers of breathtaking climbs and descent that will make you appreciate the beauty of area.
When I saw the photo of Philex Ridge, I just have to say WOW. This is a place I would want to see and I hope there would be a run in this area and true enough, there’s one happening on January 18, 2015. The Sta Fe Trail Run takes you 7 kilometers descent via Philex Road before a lung-busting climb of 4 kilometers via Sta Fe Trail going to the scenic Philex Ridge and another 4 kilometers rolling terrain before descending back to Philex Road to complete an 18 kilometer loop. The road will give you a lot of views from paved roads, single track trails, forest trails and a lot on pine trees and mountain ranges with some fog in between.
Of course, pictures speaks much louder than word so here’s come photos courtesy of Frontrunner.
The picture just really shows the sheer beauty of the trail from the slow ascent with the trails surrounded by Pine Trees to the ridge view of the whole place. It’s definitely something worth joining come January 18, 2015.
Date and Venue:
- January 18, 2015, Brgy. Ampucao Marker, Philex Road, Ampucao, Itogon, Benguet
- 18 kilometers
- 18 kilometers – P550 (Inclusive of Long-sleeved Technical frontrunner Shirt with sublimated printing and Race Number to be claimed before the event, frontRUNNER Magazine, unlimited coffee, snacks and drinks at the finish line)
- In Store:
- Laperal Building, Session Road, Baguio City c/o Ms. Che Alberto
- Via Bank
- Deposit 550.00 Pesos to BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) Account Number 2379 0362 39/Constante Mendoza, Jr.
- Write your full name and shirt size on the deposit slip and accomplish the event race-waiver.
- Photo-capture or scan both and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Sante Fe 18.
- Confirmation email will be sent after receipt of all requirements.Distribution of pre-race items will be conducted at the Starting Line commencing at 4:30 AM, 18 January 2015
- In Store:
- Gun Start is at 5:30 A.M. Assembly Time: 5:00 AM, RAIN or SHINE. Please be on time. Latecomers will NOT be allowed to officially join the race anymore. However, they are still entitled to post-race items.
- Runners will run a total of eighteen kilometers. The route will be along Philex Road for the first seven kilometers and onto Philex Ridge via Sante Trail. It will be marked with colored ribbons and some areas will be manned by volunteer marshals. Everyone must summit all designated peaks.
- There will be one water/snack station located at Km 7 where all runners are free to refill or drink.
- ALL RUNNERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN HYDRATION BOTTLES/PACKS/CUPS. YOU ARE FREE TO REFILL. THERE WILL BE NO CUPS AVAILABLE IN ALL AID STATIONS IN KEEPING WITH THE “LEAVE NO TRACE” theme.
- Littering is ABSOLUTELY prohibited. Violation of this rule will merit outright disqualification. Garbage bags will be available in the aid station.
- All runners must wear their race numbers in front, pinned on the shirt or shorts.
- Runners who decide not to continue the race must contact the Race Director or inform the nearest aid station marshals for proper accounting.
- Jeepney service vehicles will wait for passengers infront of Baguio Patriotic School along Harrison Road starting at 3:30 AM and leave promptly at 4:00 AM and will wait for no one. Same service vehicles will start leaving for Baguio at 10:00 AM, or earlier once full. Seating is first come-first served ONLY FOR REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS. Pay directly to the driver. If you are interested, please indicate your interest for listing and seat reservation.
- FREE parking is available at designated parking areas adjacent to the event site. Runners will be solely responsible for securing their belongings. Race organizers and management will not be held liable for any damage or loss to personal items.
- Baggage deposit counters will be available at the same site.
- It will be highly appreciated if you extend a greeting or two to the locals as you pass along houses in the route. Please respect everyone and everything at all times.
- The Race Director may, at any time, make revisions on the course and race details/rules for the benefit of all runners and reserves the right to use pictures and videos taken by any participant for publication in any form of media without any consideration, monetary or otherwise. Owners of published photos/videos will be duly recognized.
- Race Director’s decision is final.
- For additional inquiries, please email email@example.com or call/text 0922-822-9342.