It’s gonna be Trail-rrefic and Trail-lengging 2016!!! Open your 2016 race calendar with a race that has the majestic Philex Ridge view as a reward after climbs that would seem like forever. Sta Fe Run is a half marathon distance run set at Ampucao, Itogon, Benguet on January 17, 2016. The climb will literally take your breath away but the views at the top will make you feel breathless at the natural beauty of the surroundings. Register Now and start the year on a high note. #santafe21 #frontrunnermagph
Sta Fe Trail Run
Baguio-Benguet area has been my trail sanctuary since you get the cool climate, the challenging climbs and the natural views around you. One of the views I’ve been wanting to climb is the Philex Ridge due to the beautiful ridge, the majestic view and the feeling of victory in conquering a climb. Those lush green mountain tops would more than suffice for the numerous huff and puff climbing it. You get to go in different surfaces with a rich pine reserve leave that fresh pine scent on your nostrils and your eyes feasted on the greenery.
You’ll have your legs challenged by the endless climbs. You’ll have your lungs on overtime as you fight off both fatigue and the elevation struggle. The challenge is what keeps the adventurer in you aching to go for the climb. Upgrade the experience by bringing family and friends and start setting tales that you’d love to talk about for years to come. An epic race is definitely something, you’d love to do and add to your bucket list. You’ll also get to meet locals and like-minded runners along the way. Register now and come January 17, 2016, you’re up for an adventure and scenic delight that would start the year on a Trail-rreffic note.
Date and Venue
- Start and Finish: Ampucao Barangay Hall, Ampucao, Itogon, Benguet
- Gunstart/Cutoff: 5:30 AM/9:30 AM January 17, 2016
Fees and Inclusions
- 21K Distance – P 750
- 10K Distance – P500
- Registrants will be entitled to the following: Long-sleeved Technical Event Shirt with sublimated printing and Race Number to be claimed before the event. frontRUNNER Magazine, snacks and drinks at the finish line AND good times!
- On Site: Laperal Building, Session Road, Baguio City c/o Ms. Che Alberto
- Bank Deposit:
- BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands)
- Account Number 2379 0362 39
- Account Name Constante Mendoza, Jr.
• Write your full name and shirt size on the deposit
• Photo-capture or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 2016 Sante Fe.
• Confirmation email will be sent after receipt of all requirements.
Reminders and Guidelines
- Distribution of pre-race items will be conducted at the Starting Line commencing at 4:30 AM, 17 January 2016. Please read and understand all details thoroughly.
- Gun Start is at 5:30 AM for 21K Runners and 5:45 AM for 10K Runners. Assembly Time: 5:00 AM, RAIN or SHINE. Please be on time. Latecomers will NOT be allowed to officially join the race anymore. However, they are still entitled to post-race items.
- A cutoff time of 4:00:00 hours (21K) and 2:30:00 hours (10K) will be observed and implemented.
- Runners will run a total of twenty one kilometers. The route will be along Philex Road for the first 11 kilometers and onto Ampucao Ridge via Santa Fe Trail. It will be marked with colored ribbons and some areas will be manned by marshals. Everyone must summit all designated peaks.
- There will be one water/snack station located at Km 8 where all 21K runners are free to refill or drink.
- NO aid stations for 10K runners.
- ALL RUNNERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN HEADLAMPS or FLASHLIGHTS/HYDRATION BOTTLES/PACKS/CUPS. YOU ARE FREE TO REFILL. THERE WILL BE NO CUPS AVAILABLE IN ALL AID STATIONS IN KEEPING WITH THE “LEAVE NO TRACE” theme.
- Littering is ABSOLUTELY prohibited. Violation of this rule will merit outright disqualification. Garbage bags will be available in the aid station.
- All runners must wear their race numbers in front, pinned on the shirt or shorts.
- Runners who decide not to continue the race must contact the Race Director or inform the nearest aid station marshals for proper accounting.
- Jeepney service vehicles will wait for passengers infront of Baguio Patriotic School along Harrison Road starting at 3:00 AM and leave promptly at 3:30 AM and will wait for no one. Same service vehicles will start leaving for Baguio at 10:00 AM, or earlier once full. Seating is first come-first served. Pay directly to the driver. If you are interested, please indicate your interest for listing and seat reservation.
- FREE parking is available at designated parking areas adjacent to the event site. Runners will be solely responsible for securing their belongings. Race organizers and management will not be held liable for any damage or loss to personal items.
- Baggage deposit counters will be available at the same site.
- It will be highly appreciated if you extend a greeting or two to the locals as you pass along houses in the route. Please respect everyone and everything at all times.
- The Race Director may, at any time, make revisions on the course and race details/rules for the benefit of all runners and reserves the right to use pictures and videos taken by any participant for publication in any form of media without any consideration, monetary or otherwise. Owners of published photos/videos will be duly recognized.
- Race Director’s decision is final.
- For additional inquiries, please email email@example.com or call/text 0999-998-7654