There was a folklore that spirits can freely roam the Earth on All Hallow’s Eve and people wear costume on Halloween just to confuse the spirits into thinking you are one of them and leave you alone. So goes the tradition of wearing costumes on Halloween and the running community also lives by this tradition in a run event that’s gonna have everybody in costumes and having lots of fun. Well, better be safe than sorry. If the myth is true then the spirit would have a wonderful time for those who opt not to wear one. After all, Halloween is also a time to commemorate the spirits. Also it’s not Halloween, if people won’t go digging urban folklore trying the scare the hell out of each other.
Greentennial Run, whose an innovator in the running scene, and St. Peter Life Plan and St. Peter Chapels brings you the 2nd edition of the St. Peter – Midnight Run happening on the 31st of October 2013, 10 pm at Metrowalk, Ortigas Center, Pasig City offering 3K, 5K, 7K and 10K categories for runnings young and old to choose from come Halloween. Stand out with your costume and win any of the following prizes based on the costume.
This is not only a run, it’s a celebration and a whole lot more as each runner have to get loop cord on three areas. You’ll have to earn your finisher shirt by going through the following:
- A scarefest at the hunted house
- A hair-raising visit at the Cemetery
- A Kiss of a Diva for Guys and an Encounter with the Greentennial Hunks for the ladies.
Isn’t that a perfect way to spend your Halloween? Be fit, be scared and have a time of your life. Another good thing about the run is that the registration is P600 across all categories. The party doesn’t end in the finish line as Metrowalk is known as a party place so even after the race, the party will go on. So are you IN or are you IN? Well, here’s my personal invite for you to attend the event.
St. Peter – Midnight Run is also held in celebration of the annual St. Peter DeathCare Week which will commence on October 27 until November 4, 2013.
- Date and Venue:
- October 31, 2013, Metrowalk, Ortigas, Pasig City, 10 PM
- Distance and Fees (P600 for any categories inclusive of race kit and finisher shirt):
- Registration Sites:
- A Runner’s Circle, Roxas Boulevard
- Yonex, Megamall
- Secondwin Outlets (Ortigas Home Depot, Teachers’ Village, Greenhills and G Strip)
- Juego Outlets (Trinoma, Market Market, Greenbelt 4)
- Li-ning Outlets (Mall of Asia, Alabang Town Center)
- Race Updates
- Race Route