Dogs are more than just pets, they’re practically family. They safeguard our homes. They welcome us with much glee and excitement after a hard day of work or school. They remain loyal to us no matter what. Most of them are loved and showered but there are still some that gets to experience animal cruelty, especially the mixed breeds or the Asong Pinoy (Aspins). Let’s run for them and help provide better living conditions for the ASPINS. There will be 10K and 15K categories as well as 2K run with pets accompanied by owners as well as 600 meter dog parade happening on October 18, 2015 at Camp Aguinaldo Grandstand. Register Now!!!
Philippine Animal Rescue Team
The Philippine Animal Rescue Team (PART) is an SEC registered, non-profit and NO KILL animal rescue and rehabilitation center founded and run by a dedicated group of volunteers committed to changing the way animals are viewed and treated, not only in the Philippines, but around the world. Some of the proceeds would go to PART in an effort to provide better living condition for the ASPINS but the bigger cause of the run is to promote awareness on animal cruelty and abuse. Compassion for animals starts in the home by educating children and adults about being responsible pet owners.
Soleus Run for the ASPINS will not only be a run for them, it’s also a run with them as there will also be a 2 kilometer run and a 600 meter parade with our dogs. Pure runners also have 10 K and 15K categories to choose from. Soleus Run for the Aspins welcomes not only foreign-bred dog, they would also welcome local or mixed-breeds, offering distances for both solo runners and dog with their handler (owner or trainor). All roads lead to Camp Aguinaldo on October 18 for both owners and pets and lets all enjoy a run for a good cause and a great bonding experience with our pets.
Another reason to join the run is that the run is supported by Soleus, which has been so passionately supporting the running community not only with their innovative timing devices including watches, GPS, HRM and Cycling Computers but by participating and supporting running events. They are runners themselves so you’re sure that they have the runners needs in mind when it comes to the run and their timing devices.
A race village will conglomerate sponsors who will provide display and samples of their merchandise for both pet owners and dogs. Also as part of the event’s special activities, you may have a lasting memorabilia of your dog from the magic hands of Mr. Jun Aquino of the Samahang Kartunista ng Pilipinas (SKP) for a small donation that will also be added for the beneficiaries’ funds. Register Now!!!
Date and Venue
- October 18, 2015, Camp Aguinaldo Grandstand
Distances and Inclusions
- 15K – P900 (Inclusive of Technical Race Shirt, Race Bib, Finisher’s Medal, Soleus Slingbag and Event Loot Bag)
- 10K – P800 (Inclusive of Technical Race Shirt, Race Bib, Finisher’s Medal, Soleus Slingbag and Event Loot Bag)
- 2K Race (Dog and Owner) – P700 (Inclusive of Technical Race Shirt, Race Bib, Finisher’s Medal, Soleus Slingbag Event Loot Bag and Dog Bandana)
- 600M Dog Parade (Dog and Owner) – P700 (Inclusive of Technical Race Shirt, Race Bib, Finisher’s Medal, Soleus Slingbag Event Loot Bag and Dog Bandana)
- 15K Solo + 2K Dog Walker OR 600M Dog Parade) – P1,250 (P900+P350) (Inclusive of One Technical Race Shirt, Race Bib*, 15K Finisher’s Medal + 2K or 600M Finisher’s Medal and Event Loot Bag)
- 10K Solo + 2K Dog Walker OR 600M Dog Parade) – P1,150 (P800+P350) (Inclusive of One Technical Race Shirt, Race Bib*, 10K Finisher’s Medal + 2K or 600M Finisher’s Medal and Event Loot Bag)
* single bib for bundled categories; additional sticker on bib for dog category
- Online: Run for Aspins Site
- Via Bank Deposit
- Download, fill-up, and sign the appropriate registration forms (runner/handler registration form and dog registration form).
- Take a photo or scan the deposit slip and accomplished registration forms.
- E-mail the scanned copies to: soleusR4dA@gmail.com with subject: Run for the Aspin – <Distance Category>.
- Bank Details:
- BPI Current Account
- Account Name: Rundezvous Inc.
- Account Number: 2431-0082-14
Race Kit Claiming
Assemby / Gun Start
- Assembly – 30 minutes before gun start
- 15K Distance – 5:15AM**
- 10K Distance – 5:30AM**
- 2K Dog Race – 7:00AM (in waves)
- 600M Dog Parade – 7:15AM (in waves)
** flag-raising protocol between 5:55 to 6:00 AM on Sundays
- Facebook Event Site: Rundezvous Facebook Page