Sometimes all the difference a struggling street kid need is a helping hand and a ray of hope. We can be that helping hand by supporting the Sofitel Manila Half Marathon happening on August 21, 2016 at the CCP Open Fields with 5K, 10K and 21K categories to choose from. The beneficiary of the run is Virlanie Foundation, who help street kids get over the hump of poverty with education and proper support. #SofitelHalfMarathon2016
Sofitel Manila Half Marathon
Sofitel Manila Half Marathon is back on August 21, 2016 at the CCP Open Field. It’s a run to promote wellness and a healthy lifestyle. It’s also a run to support the Virlanie Foundation. The Virlanie Foundation helps the young and less fortunate children in Manila. Last year, with the help of 4,300 participants, Sofitel was able to raise P750,000 for the Virlanie foundation. This is a run that can really make a difference to lives of street kids needing a boost of hope.
There will be 3 categories open to runners, which is the 5K, 10K and the half marathon distance. It starts at the CCP open fields, which is just beside Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, and brings you through a panoramic view of Manila Bay area. The race would also want to encourage a green lifestyle by encouraging runners to bring water bottles for refilling at designated hydration stations, minimizing the use of paper cups.
It’s now on its fourth year and has been one of the most anticipated event in the running community. Let’s all support Sofitel and the Virlanie foundation by joining Sofitel Manila Half Marathon.
Date and Venue:
- Date: August 21, 2016
- Venue: CCP Open Field
- Gun Start
- 5K – 5:00 AM
- 10K – 4:40 AM
- 21K – 4:00 AM
Fees and Inclusions
- 5K – P750 (Inclusive of bib, timing tag, singlet and lootbag)
- 10K – P850 (Inclusive of bib, timing tag, singlet and lootbag)
- 21K – P950 (Inclusive of bib, timing tag, singlet finisher shirt, finisher medal and lootbag)
- Online : via Sofitel Manila Half Marathon Website (Starting June 27, 2016 until August 7, 2016)
- In Store: (Starting July 13, 2016 and ending August 14, 2016)
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
- Runnr Store Bonifacio High Street
- Runnr Trinoma
- Timex Megamall
- Toby’s Mall of Asia
- Website: Sofitel Manila Half Marathon