It’s the difficult races that tends to be the more memorable ones. Salomon X-Trail Runs is the tough challenge that people would love to conquer again and again. Salomon X-Trail Pilipinas 2016 shifts to a more accessible venue at Subic, which would give you a fresher, greener and more historic view of Subic come April 9, 2016. #SalomonXTrailPilipinas2016 #TrailLove
- Salomon X-Trail Pilipinas 2014
- Salomon X-Trail Pilipinas 2015
- Salomon City Trail Manila 2014
- Salomon City Trail Manila 2015
Salomon X-Trail Pilipinas 2016
Salomon X-Trail Pilipinas is the race you’d love to hate but love to do over and over again. It’s tough – you get endless climbs and suicide descents as you navigate among the different trail surfaces of dirt, rocks, sand, concrete paths and rivers. It’s the path of most resistance but it’s a path you can do. It’s a test of endurance, patience and mental toughness. I guess that’s what you expect when you have a shoes that’s built to withstand vertical ascents and steep drops in the different Salomon Trail Running shoes. With great shoe traction comes an even greater challenge ahead. Salomon has mounted among the most challenging trail races for nearly 10 years and has been making waves in waves around Asia, including Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, and the Philippines.
It’s one of the most awaited and anticipated running event for trail fanatics and running enthusiasts like me. Now on it’s 5th consecutive year, Salomon X-Trail Run is happening in a more accessible location in Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Zambales on April 9, 2016. As a trademark of Salomon’s race route, new trails are designed & opened just for this event. The race will allow the participants to experience Subic’s Majestic valleys, abundant hills and rivers & thick forests, while providing a breathtaking view of the countryside. The route would also give you a fresh and historical route of the local trails in Subic.
The mountain runs would give you a mix of concrete, fire trails, forest trails, river crossings as you make your way from the start in the Golf (Baseball Field) near Binictican Drive to Subic Homes, El Kabayo Falls, Boton River and Hill 394 which would give you a high view point of Subic. The 32 kilometers category get an extra route along 7 Steps, Holy Land and Tower 40. The 12K and 6K Road to Trail Run would be much friendlier with a mix of road, trails and river crossing at Pamulaklakin River.
The best things in life are the thing you work hard for. Salomon X-Trail Pilipinas 2016 is really going to make you earn your medal but it’s the most satisfying and the more memorable races you can join. Register Now! Registration for the Salomon X-Trail Run Pilipinas 2016 is open until March 31, via the registration centers: Online Registration via credit card at www.salomonxtrailpilipinas.com , or via Registration at the Salomon Stores – Salomon Store SM Aura, Salomon Store SM Megamall, Salomon Glorietta 3 Store, Salomon Store SM Annex North Edsa. The Salomon X-Trail Pilipinas 2016 is a GREEN RUN. No disposables will be provided at the hydration stations.
Bus Shuttle to and from Subic is available for the first 300 registrants, for an additional fee of P600. Race kit distribution is on April 1 to 3, at Salomon Stores. Delivery option is also available, please contact Extribe at (02) 439-3007.
Date and Venue:
- April 9, 2015, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Zambales
- 32K Mountain Run
- The 32km Mountain Run is targeted for trail runners with advanced trail running experience. More for the adrenaline-junkies, this route presents a mixture of different terrains, from asphalt and soil, to rocks, and mud. This category includes some river crossing, and technical ascents, a simulation of Skyrunning—the turf of Salomon. There are mandatory gears for this category: headlamp, whistle, and hydration pack/belt – all of which will be checked prior to the race. The event imposes a strict “No Mandatory Gear, No Race” rule. Registration Fee is P1,600 which include a race bib, timing chip, Salomon X-trail technical jersey, Salomon race bag, and a post-race meal. Those who finish within the cut-off time of 7 hours will receive a Finisher’s medal.
- 24K Mountain Run
- The 24km Mountain Run is targeted for trail runners who wish to push the boundaries of their endurance. This category presents itself as a ‘level-up’ from the usual trail runs, as it includes technical ascents and varying terrain, simulating Skyrunning as well. The mandatory gears for this category include: headlamp, whistle, and hydration pack/belt – which will all be checked prior to the race. The event imposes a strict “No Mandatory Gear, No Race” rule. Registration fee is P1,400 which include a race bib, timing chip, Salomon X-trail technical jersey, Salomon race bag, and a post-race meal. Those who finish within the cut-off time of 5 hours will receive a Finisher’s medal.
- 12K Road To Trail Run
- The 12km Road to Trail Category, is targeted for runners with short-distance trail running experience, with the hopes of leveling-up their trail skills to a more technical level. The registration fee is P1,100 which include a race bib, timing chip, Salomon X-trail technical jersey, and a post-race meal. The cut-off time is 2.5 hours.
- 6K Road to Trail Race
- The 6km Road to Trail Category, is targeted to entice beginners to try the sport of trail running. Registration fee is P850, which include a race bib, timing chip, Salomon X-trail technical jersey, and a post-race meal. The cut-off time is 1.5 hours.
- Online: www.salomonxtrailpilipinas.com
- Salomon Store SM Aura
- Salomon Store SM Megamall
- Salomon Glorietta 3 Store
- Salomon Store SM Annex North Edsa.
- Race kit distribution is on April 1 to 3, at Salomon Stores.
- Delivery option is also available, please contact Extribe at (02) 439-3007.
- Website: www.salomonxtrailpilipinas.com
- Facebook Page: Salomon Philippines
The leading trail running brand has long established its reputation for creating products that meet the individual fit and performance needs of trail runners from all over the globe. Together with its team of athletes and designers, Salomon has come up with a range of running shoes that has one end in mind—winning. The result is a range of products that assures maximum performance, designed for freedom along the off-beaten track—THE SALOMON S-LAB SERIES.
First up is the S-Lab SONIC, Salomon’s first road racing shoe and top of the line product of the Citytrail line meant for city urban roadrunners. Whether you’re climbing the stairs, running through a bridge, or enjoying a short route across the park, the S-Lab Sonic was specifically made for the urban setting with its dual-density midsole, which offers exceptional impact protection. Meanwhile, the Contragrip in the outsole provides traction for making tight turns or cutting across urban trails. On the other hand, its stretchable upper with nylon fabric keeps one’s feet comfortable and cool as one races over hot asphalt.
Light and fast, the newest release of the S-Lab Sense Ultra Line presents the 5th edition– Kilian Jornet’s personal choice for being a lightweight trainer for trail running or a racer for ultras. Engineered for performance, the shoes feature a reflective mesh upper that snugly holds the feet in place. Meanwhile, its endofit technology allows one to fend off debris as you zoom your way through a race. For added security, its outsole provides optimal grip in dry and warm conditions and a forefront rock place for maximum support and protection over rough surfaces. Its upper has a breathable mesh and an updated lug design from the previous versions.
Hands down the best choice for an ultra-marathon with the toughest conditions, the S-Lab Sense 5 Ultra SG is a specialist in wet, muddy trails for its aggressive lug pattern with an embedded rock plate that provides supreme traction and protection. The mesh upper has a reflective material that snugly holds your feet in place while the endofit technology fends off debris while training. A choice of ultra-marathoners – the trail shoe is engineered for performance.
Last but not the least is the elusive trail weaponry, that is the epitome of Performance – the S-Lab Wings, a performance trail running shoe designed for high-mileage trail running with its cushioned and supportive midsole for protection and comfort. Plus, the lightweight material and sleek design supports a runner’s trail racing needs while the outsole serves to ensure traction and has been tried and tested on various surfaces.
This year, step out into the trails, follow your passions & run the path of most resistance at the Salomon X-Trail Pilipinas 2016!
For more information about the race, please visit www.salomonxtrailpilipinas.com.