It’s been a great tradition climbing the radar to be 7,400++ feet above sea level before the year ends for Radar Run. That’s an 8K and 16K challenge that;s gonna take your breath away both literally and figuratively. Radar Run is happening on December 30, 2015 with a challenging and beautiful route.
Update: Due to Problem with the Venue, Radar Run is Cancelled.
The Radar Run has been a yearly tradition for me as it associates to a lot of fun childhood moments at the top the Cabuyao Radar Station picking strawberries and just being mesmerized by the views. Let’s get back to forever and probably a rare chance to visit both the Radar Station and Mount Sto Tomas. Come December 30, 2015, let’s end the year a really high note.
The view from the route is awesome and it would give you a panoramic view of the mountains nearby and Baguio City. That’s an Instagram worthy shot before the year comes to a close. That would be an all new experience for everyone. It’s not gonna be easy and will definitely challenge your lung capacity and leg strength but prepare the visual enticements and the fresher air will definitely make up for it. There’s also the camaraderie while climbing and also while having breakfast at the end of the race telling and talking about the awesome experience of the race. It’s gonna be a great year-end run and climb as well as an appreciation of the rich views of Mount Cabuyao and Mount Sto Tomas while enjoying the common of people who share you passion for adventure. Register Now.
Date and Venue:
- Start: BCPO Station, Marcos Highway corner Sto. Tomas Road, Baguio City
Finish: Mount Cabuyao Relay Station, Tuba, Benguet
Cutoff Time: 5 Miles (8 Kilometers) / Two (2:00:00) Hours
Cutoff Time: 10 Miles (16 Kilometers) / Three and a Half (3:30:00) Hours
Fees and Inclusions
- 5 Miles: P400.00
- 10 Miles: P650.00
- Inclusive of event shirt with sublimated printing and Race Number to be claimed before the event.
- Finisher’s Certificate, frontRUNNER Magazine, unlimited coffee, snacks and drinks AND good times after the race.
- Onsite: Laperal Building, Session Road, Baguio City c/o Ms. Che Alberto
- Bank Deposit:
- BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands)
- Account Number: 2379 0362 39
- Account Name: Constante Mendoza, Jr.
- Write your full name and shirt size on the deposit slip and accomplish the event race-waiver.
- Photo-capture or scan both and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject RADAR RUN 2015.
- Distribution of pre-race items will be conducted at the Marcos Highway Police Station starting at 4:30 AM, 30 December 2015
Race Details and Guidelines
- Gun Start is at 5:30 A.M. Assembly Time: 5:00 AM, RAIN or SHINE. Please be on time. Latecomers will NOT be allowed to officially join the race anymore. However, they are still entitled to post-race items.
- For108K participants, runners will run a total of two kilometers road and 8 kilometers trail.
- ALL RUNNERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN HYDRATION BOTTLES/PACKS/CUPS. YOU ARE FREE TO REFILL. THERE WILL BE NO CUPS AVAILABLE IN ALL AID STATIONS IN KEEPING WITH THE “LEAVE NO TRACE” theme.
- Littering is absolutely prohibited. Violation of this rule will merit outright disqualification. Garbage bags will be available in the aid station.
- All runners must wear their race numbers in front, pinned on the shirt or shorts.
- Runners who decide not to continue the race must contact the Race Director or inform the nearest aid station marshals for proper accounting.
- There will be NO shuttle service provided for.
- FREE parking is available at designated parking areas adjacent to the event site. Runners will be solely responsible for securing their belongings. Race organizers and management will not be held liable for any damage or loss to personal items.
- Baggage deposit counters will be available at the same site.
- The Race Director may, at any time, make revisions on the course and race details/rules for the benefit of all runners and reserves the right to use pictures and videos taken by any participant for publication in any form of media without any consideration, monetary or otherwise. Owners of published photos/videos will be duly recognized.
- Race Director’s decision is final.
- For additional inquiries, please email email@example.com or call/text 0999-998-7654
- Facebook Event Page: Radar Run 2015