6,500 feet above sea level. That’s high enough to say you’re on top of the world before the year 2014 comes to an end. That’s how it will feels joining Radar Run on December 30, 2014. It’s a challenge doing a vertical 5 miles (8 kilometer) with the view of Baguio City and the nearby mountain ranges as you huff and puff your way to the top. It starts at the Intersection of Sto Tomas Road and Marcos Highway and ends in the Mt. Cabuyao Relay Station where you can see the two Radars up close.
In some areas in Baguio City, you could see two radars at the top of the mountain. That’s the Mount Cabuyao Relay Station and to some locals like me, we’d like to call it as the air condition that propels Baguio City’s cool climate. I’ve been here as a kid and was able to do the radar run a few years ago and went again earlier this year. The view doesn’t get old with the mountain ranges you get to see in the different vantage points of the climb. You get to feel the cool December breeze as you climb your way to the top where at times you’d get to see the thick white fog enveloping the area. The area has been a common site for stations of the cross so you also get to see this different stations en route to the top. You get to pass fully concreted roads from start to finish.
Registrants will be entitled to the following: Long-sleeved Technical frontrunner Shirt with sublimated printing and Race Number to be claimed before the event. frontRUNNER Magazine, unlimited coffee, snacks and drinks at the finish line AND good times! One of the reasons I like joining races in Baguio City is the community feel after the race which shows how Baguio’s Community of Runners are so closely knit. It’s also a great time to be in Baguio due to the long weekend. Radar Run is also a great race-cation for you. This is one race that you’ll get to enjoy with the view of the course and the satisfaction of the finish.
Date and Venue:
- December 30, 2015, Marcos Highway corner Sto. Tomas Road, Baguio City
- 5 miles (8 kilometers)
- 5 Miles (8 Kilometers) – P400 (Inclusive of Long-sleeved Technical frontrunner Shirt with sublimated printing and Race Number to be claimed before the event, frontRUNNER Magazine, unlimited coffee, snacks and drinks at the finish line)
- In Store:
- Laperal Building, Session Road, Baguio City c/o Ms. Che Alberto
- Via Bank
- Deposit 400.00 Pesos to BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) Account Number 2379 0362 39/Constante Mendoza, Jr.
- Write your full name and shirt size on the deposit slip and accomplish the event race-waiver.
- Photo-capture or scan both and email to email@example.com with the subject RADAR RUN 2014.
- Confirmation email will be sent after receipt of all requirements.
- Distribution of pre-race items will be conducted the Marcos Highway Police Station starting at 5:00 AM, 30 December 2014
- In Store:
- Gun Start is at 5:45 A.M. Assembly Time: 5:00 AM, RAIN or SHINE. Please be on time. Latecomers will NOT be allowed to officially join the race anymore. However, they are still entitled to post-race items.
- Runners will run a total of eight kilometers, mostly vertical. The route will be along concrete roads.
- There will be one water station located at Km 4 where all runners are free to refill or drink.
- ALL RUNNERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN HYDRATION BOTTLES/PACKS/CUPS. YOU ARE FREE TO REFILL. THERE WILL BE NO CUPS AVAILABLE IN ALL AID STATIONS IN KEEPING WITH THE “LEAVE NO TRACE” theme.
- Littering is absolutely prohibited. Violation of this rule will merit outright disqualification. Garbage bags will be available in the aid station.
- All runners must wear their race numbers in front, pinned on the shirt or shorts.
- Runners who decide not to continue the race must contact the Race Director or inform the nearest aid station marshals for proper accounting.
- There will be NO shuttle service provided for.
- FREE parking is available at designated parking areas adjacent to the event site. Runners will be solely responsible for securing their belongings. Race organizers and management will not be held liable for any damage or loss to personal items.
- Baggage deposit counters will be available at the same site.
- The Race Director may, at any time, make revisions on the course and race details/rules for the benefit of all runners and reserves the right to use pictures and videos taken by any participant for publication in any form of media without any consideration, monetary or otherwise. Owners of published photos/videos will be duly recognized.
- Race Director’s decision is final.
- For additional inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 0922-822-9342.