Pinoy Fitness 21K Challenge wants to bring out the best in you by setting a higher standard when in comes to the half marathon distance. Chase that elusive sub 2 goal, go for a 2:30 cut-off or just chase the 3 hours clock. Whichever battle you choose, it’s bound to bring out the best in you.
Pinoy Fitness 21K Challenge
My first half marathon was the most fulfilling among my half marathons. I had 3-4 months to prepare for it and I was training hard both on sunny and rainy days. There was no such thing as an excuse. I just went on to improve my resistance from a 10-15K runner to a half marathoner. End result, I finished with a 2:23 for my first 21K. I would eventually reduce that time further but the first one was the most special because of the build up. I see the Pinoy Fitness 21K challenge as a throwback to those time that 21K was a golden distance where people would take months to prepare for the big race.
Pinoy Fitness challenges you in so many ways. It let’s elite runners aim for the sub 2 hours finish time or even chase a new personal best. It lets experienced runner chase the sub 2:30 goal, which is a common qualifying time for some races. It also lets recreational runners progress to a sub 3 finish time. Choose you battle!!! This is one important rule to remember, if you register for a sub 2 time, you only get the medal when you reach sub 2. The same goes for sub 2:30 and sub 3 finish time. Another thing worth following is the competition among teams that has added some excitement to regular road races.
There’s also another challenge within the challenge. The first 300 finisher of each wave gets a gold medal. The rest of those who finish within the prescribed time will get a silver medal. Those registered in the sub 2 category will also get a sub 2 jacket. The chase for speed happens on November 13, 2016 at SM Mall of Asia.
Date and Venue
- Date: November 13, 2016
- Venue: SM Mall of Asia Grounds
- Gun Start
- Sub 2 Wave: 4:30 AM
- Sub 2:30 Wave: 4:35 AM
- Sub 3 Wave: 4:40 am
Fees and Inclusions
- Sub 2 Wave : P1,400 (Inclusive of Singlet, Race Bib, Finisher Shirt, Finisher Jacket and Qualifying Medal)
- Sub 2:30 Wave: P1,000 (Inclusive of Singlet, Race Bib, Finisher Shirt and Qualifying Medal)
- Sub 3:00 Wave: P950 (Inclusive of Singlet, Race Bib, Finisher Shirt and Qualifying Medal)
- Online: Via Goorahna
- In Store: (Sept 15 to October 30, Thurs to Sunday only, from 1PM to 8PM)
- 2XU Store – 2nd level Glorietta 3
- RUNNR Store Bonifacio Global City
- RUNNR Store Trinoma
- RUNNR Store Alabang Town Center
- Toby’s SM Mall of Asia
- Toby’s Shangrila
- Website: Pinoyfitness.com