The Philippine Marine is our first line of defense in protecting our Philippine waters and territories. They have kept their presence even in the disputed and resource-rich coral triangle. Safeguarding our waters is a tough task as they also get to fight boredom, disputes and unfavorable environment. Let’s do our part to give them a boost by joining Philippine Marine Corps Marathon on November 15, 2015 at Marine Base, Gregorio Lim, Ternate Cavite with a full marathon event, a 25K Kaybiang Tunnel Challenge, 10 kilometers and 5 kilometers categories. You’re also in for one scenic run as you get to see the view of the coast, the tunnels and also passing by Pico De Loro.
Philippine Marine Corps Marathon
The role of the Marines is very important in defending our sovereignty especially in the Kalayaan Group of Islands. The marines gets to fight boredom from being away from their family. They are in the forefront of emerging disputes. They experience harsh and unsafe environment. In support and recognition of our troops’ bid to conserve the country’s natural maritime resources the Philippine Marine Corps launches the first “Philippine Marine Corps Marathon” with the theme “KATUNGKULAN: Takbo Para sa mga Kawal”. The 42.2 km race, which will have side events in the 5km, 10km, and the special 25km “Kaybiang Challenge”, is scheduled for Sunday, 15 November 2015 at the Marine Barracks, Gregorio Lim, Ternate, Cavite.
While the troops stationed there are supported by the resources of the Marines. They would still need some added boost and some necessity like a desalination system for their drinking water and some protective gear. Your registration goes to support those needs that would surely improve their safety conditions and boost their morale. The Philippine MCM hopes to attract runners to this annual event which is earmarked for projects and programs that will raise morale of troops in the Kalayaan Island Groups who continue to answer the call of duty. It is in this spirit that we invite all to get involved and do their part:
“Humans are not separate from the rest of nature, we are part of it by God’s design, we humans rely for our existence on the balance of nature, which includes the interaction and interdependence of all life forms and natural elements of the earth’s all encompassing ecosphere. Our own actions must be part of that balance. In fact, by God’s design, we humans are to participate in this community of life forms as its caretakers and preservers”. (Source: Interfaith Power and Light).
There are two things to expect in the race. One, it’s gonna be a challenge as you’re gonna be on rolling terrain with a total ascent of about 1730 meters with about 42% of the course involves running on inclines. The second would be a visual treat for all runners as they get to see the beauty of the ocean as you go on the course. You also get to pass through the Kaybiang Tunnel and the Pico De Loro area as well as being on a rare chance to be on Marine Grounds. While the race is in Ternate, Cavite, there will be FREE shuttle services from Philippine Marine Corps Headquarters in Lawton and Manila (Pick up time is 12 midnight) and at Ternate Municipal Hall at 2:00 am for those coming from the south. The shuttle alone would give you the feeling of being transported like our troops with their vehicles. And… forget about the traditional gunstart as for this one, it’s gonna be a Cannon Start. That’s sending you off on a bigger bang.
Post race, get to enjoy the facilities of Boracay De Cavite Beach Resort and have a boodle fight meal set up. 42K and 25K also get finisher shirts and dog tags. Marine Corps Marathon concept is common in other countries and it’s nice to see one right on our very shores. It’s a bucket list destination marathon for every runner out there. Are you ready to be deployed for this one? Well, Register Now.
Date and Venue
- Race Venue:
- November 15, 2015, Marine Base General Lim, Ternate, Cavite
- Pick up points:
- Philippine Marine Corps Headquarter, Lawton, Taguig City, 12:00 Midnight
- Ternate Municipal Hall, 2:00 AM
Fees and Categories
- 5k: Php 650 – Gun Start: 6:00 A.M.
- 10k: Php 850 – Gun Start 5:30 A.M.
- 25k Kaybiang Tunnel Challenge: Php 1,100 – Gun Start: 4:30 A.M.
- 42k: Php 1,300 – Gun Start: 4:00 A.M. Cutoff: 4 hours @ 21k / 8 hours @ Finish Line
- 5K and 10K (Inclusive of Race bib, Singlet, Finisher’s Certificate)
- 25K and 42K (Inclusive of Race Bib, Singlet, Finisher’s Dog Tag, Finisher’s Shirt)
- Other Inclusions
- Post-race boodle fight at 12:00 Noon
- Free entry to Boracay de Cavite Beach Resort
- Goodies from event sponsors
- Free shuttle from Philippine Marines Headquarters to the venue and back and for those coming from the south, pick up point will be at Ternate Municipal Hall
RUNNR, BHS, Taguig City
RUNNR, TRINOMA, Quezon City
TOBY’s Store and RUNNR, SM Mall of Asia
100 MILES CAFE, 2F Fort Pointe Bldg., BGC, Taguig
Camp Aguinaldo Badminton Court, Quezon City
MCSSO in front of JURADO HALL, Bonifacio Naval Station, Taguig City
- Bank Deposit
- Pay race fees on/before October 30, 2015
- Bank: China Bank Savings Account
- Account Name: Philippine Marine Corps Spouses Association, Inc.
- Account No.: CA #3510-0119-13
- Write your name, distance category and contact number on deposit slip.
- Email a copy of your deposit slip together with filled up and signed registration form to email@example.com (with the Subject: PMC Marathon) before the registration deadline.
- Wait for confirmation that your email was received.
- Pay race fees on/before October 30, 2015
- Registration From Download Here: PMC Marathon Reg Form
- Race Kit Claiming: November 9 to 12, 2015 at registration venues.