Get treated to one of the more scenic marathons in the Philippines with a hilly view of the Batangas and Cavite Area. It’s also a run for the cause of the Philippine Marine Corps Warrior Rehabilitation and Re-integration Program. The race is happening on October 31, 2016 at the Marine Base Gregorio Lim in Ternate, Cavite with a 5K, 10K, 25K and full marathon Category.
Philippine Marine Corps Marathon
Experience the thrill and scenic delight of running the hilly and coastal areas of Batangas and Cavite, hurdling a fair amount of ascent and descent, while enjoying the fresh air and picturesque scenery around you. You will also be able to view the blue beaches of Nasugbu, and across the horizon, the islands of Corregidor and Carballo. That’s what awaits the 25-kilometer and 42-Kilometer runners on October 31, 2016 at the Marine Base Gregorio Lim in Ternate, Cavite. This is definitely one of the more scenic and character-defining marathons in the country. 25K and 42K Finishers also get a dog tag and finisher shirt.
Runners get to experience to be in Marine Base for this one. Runners will be transported via M35 military trucks and buses from the Headquarters of the Philippine Marines in Taguig to the Starting Line inside the Marine Base Gregorio Lim, and back. A shot from a 105 Howitzer will signal the start of the race, and during the race, there will be safety patrols a.k.a. “sweepers” to ensure that no one, following the Marine tradition, is left behind.
There will also be a more manageable 5-Kilometer and 10-Kilometer distance for those wanting a feel-good run. Everybody gets a free pass to the post-race “boodle fight” or military style “buffet” (eat all you can as fast as you can, before the food runs out) usually laid out on banana leaves. Every runner is also given an entry ticket to the white sand beach dubbed by locals as the “Boracay de Cavite” located inside the Marine Base.
The most important aspect of the race is being able to contribute to the cause of Marines who have been injured or wounded during combat. Funds raised from the event will go to the Philippine Marine Corps Warrior Rehabilitation and Re-integration Program. The program will provide financial assistance not only to battle casualties but also to Marine personnel who are terminally ill or have serious medical conditions. Part of the proceeds shall also be devoted to various projects that will raise the morale of our troops who continue to answer the call of duty.
Be a part of a scenic adventure and a good cause.
Date and Venue:
- Date: October 31, 2016
- Venue: Marine Base Gregorio Lim in Ternate, Cavite
- Gun Start:
- 42K – 4:00 AM
- 25K – 4:30 AM
- 10K – 5:30 AM
- 5K – 6:00 AM
Fees and Inclusions
- 5k: Php 650 – Gun Start: 6:00 A.M. (Inclusive of Race bib, Singlet,) Boodlefight and Beach Entrance
- 10k: Php 850 – Gun Start 5:30 A.M. (Inclusive of race bib, Singlet, Boodlefight and Beach Entrance)
- 25k Kaybiang Tunnel Challenge: Php 1,250 – Gun Start: 4:30 A.M.
(Inclusive of Race Bib, Singlet, Finisher’s Dog Tag, Finisher’s Shirt, Boodlefight ,and Beach Entrance )
- 42k: Php 1,500 – Gun Start: 4:00 A.M. Cutoff: 3.5 hours @ 21k / 7 hours @ Finish Line
(Inclusive of Race Bib, Singlet, Finisher’s Dog Tag, Finisher’s Shirt, Boodlefight and Beach Entrance
- ONLINE REGISTRATION thru Bank deposit to PMCOSAI China Bank Savings Account (See Poster for Details)
- In Store:
- Lagalag Store (SM_North Edsa (Main Bldg.), Quezon City)
- Garmin Store, 3rd Floor (Glorietta 5, Makati City)
- Marine Special Service Office (MSSO) (Headquarters Philippine Marine Corps, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City)
- Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo Badminton Court (Quezon City)
- Website: Frontrunner Magazine