The Mountains have two ways of humbling you. First, it challenges you physically as you make your assault to the summit. Next, it gives you an appreciation of the nature and the wonder of its creation. Mount Sembrano Mountain Run gives a refreshing view of the mountains and at the same time challenges you on uphill adventure that’s meant to make you stronger and a view that’s gonna be a visual delight. Grab your trail running gear and let’s #LiveForAdventure and appreciate the magnificent scenery of Mount Sembrano on April 18, 2015 with 15 km and 30 km Mountain Run Categories. #BerghausPH
- Sports Passion: Getting to Know the Berghaus Brand
- Climbing the 12 Peaks of Mount Batulao with Berghaus
- Trailing and Trekking in Baguio City
- Incoming: Berghaus Urban Adventure Games #BerghausUAG2014
Live For Adventure
The first time I trekked a mountain, I was powered by Berghaus shoes and apparel climbing Mount Batulao and that was the time I felt humbled by the climbs and the marvelous views of the mountain. It helped that Berghaus Cuerra Cuesta Multi-Activity Shoe had excellent traction with the different surfaces you get to encounter climbing plus it had sufficient cushioning on the descents. After then, I always took the opportunity to go on treks and trails whenever I could especially during summer. Here’s one trail adventure you’d love to this summer.
MGM Productions brings you its 4th serving of the DBB Uphill Challenge with a 15KM and a 30KM mountain run at the beautiful Mount Sembrano in the province of Rizal. This 4th installment allows you to reach a mountain summit that gives you a view of the Laguna Lake as well as Talim Island and the historic towns of Rizal and Laguna. Mt. Sembrano Mountain Marathon is both a challenge and a chance to be mesmerized by the views of the trails and the mountain. The adventure is happening on April 18, 2015 that starts at Brgy. Hall of Malaya, Pililla, Rizal at 6 am.
You also get to traverse rough road which leads to rocky path; numerous mango trees; grassy summit which is fully exposed to the sun with the great view of Laguna Lake. You also get to see forest paths, streams of water and splendid peeks of raw nature. While this is a race, newbie runners or recreational trekkers are very much welcome with a very generous cutoff for the race which is6hrs for the 15km distance / 10hrs for the 30km distance. This is one great summer adventure for you, your family and barkadas. There will be Top finishers for each category, male, female and even the third gender. You can check out more about Mt. Sembrano from JazzRunner’s blog: A Closer Look At the Trails of Mt. Sembrano.
Immersed yourself further by staying longer in the area as runners are welcome to camp on the grounds Friday evening. Camping is available at an assigned area on the covered court with facilities nearby. Showers are also available in the camping grounds. As a respect to Mother Earth, please take out what you bring in. Don’t forget to bring in that free spirit in you to enjoy the wonderful views of the trek and the company of fellow runners. Register Now!!!
Date and Venue
- Saturday, April 18, 2015 @ 6:00 a.m., Brgy. Hall of Malaya, Pililla, Rizal
- 15 kilometers Mountain Run – P1,000
- 30 Kilometers Mountain Run – P1,200
- Inclusive of Finisher Medal, Shirt and Post Race Meal
- Make your deposits to:
- Account Name: Rayman D. delos Angeles
- BPI Savings Acct Num: 3199-1456-56
- Send a scanned copy of the deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Gender and Size of finisher shirt. Subject: MGM MT. SEMBRANO REGISTRATION. Please keep and present the deposit slip when claiming the race kit.
- Make your deposits to:
Race Kit Claiming
- Saturday April 18, 2015, 3:00 a.m.
- Facebook: MGM Productions
- Facebook: DBB Uphill Challenge (Mt. Sembrano Mountain Run 2015)