When you want to be a rock star, you have to enjoy life like a rock star. Mount Batolusong Mountain Rockstar would make you feel like your on top of the world with its high altitude and scenic trails. A Rockstar’s journey is never easy but its gonna be a wild ride with endless climbs, gorgeous trails, deep ravines and a lot of picture perfect moments as you challenge yourself in the race. It’s happening at Mount Batolusong on August 7, 2016 with 12K, 25K and 50K categories available.
Mt. Batolusong Mountain Rockstar
I got the MGM Production Brand of trail run when I joined Mount Sembrano Mountain Run this year. Well… It was not easy. It had a really long, steep and technical climb that’s gonna challenge your physical limits, mental toughness as well as your sanity. The reward is a scenic view of Mount Sembrano and Pililia area. Mount Batolusong is another high effort, high reward race that’s tough to do but always definitely worth it.
That’s what I love about trail races. It can give you a lot of variety and can be a mental and physical challenge. It’s gonna make you love the challenge and at the same time, it’s gonna keep you coming back for more. The climbs would hurt. The deep ravines can be heartbeat-stopping. The distance can be long and exhausting. You’ll still love the challenge of the course since your eyes would be feasted with the wonderful surroundings. Mount Batolusong Mountain Run gives you gorgeous trails, green views, rolling pastures, ridges and deep ravines.
It starts on a difficult climb until you reach Mapatag Plateau. Take it slow, catch your breath and enjoy the views. While you struggle on the climb, there’s the splendid view of the Sierra Madre Mountain Range to keep you in awe. It’s not the tallest of mountains but it has its bright spots with views from the nearby Mt. Susong Dalaga and also sights of Mount Banahaw and Mount Cristobal. It’s just about 670 meters in elevation but its technical trails and steepness can really take your breath away, both literally and figuratively. Choose your distance. Go short and fast at 12K, go longer and enjoy more scenery at 25K or go all out at 50K. Register now and prepare early as you’ll enjoy the wonderful scenery come August 7, 2016 when you are ready to be a Rockstar!!!
Date and Venue:
- Date: August 7, 2016
- Venue: Mt. Batolusong, Barangay San Andres, Tanay, Rizal
- Starting/Finish Area: Barangay Hall of San Andres, Tanay Rizal
- Start Time: 4:00AM (50km) / 5:00AM (25km) / 5:30AM (12km)
- Cut Off Time : 12km (6hrs) / 25km (9hrs) / 50km (15hrs)
Fees and Inclusions
- Php 1,150.00 / 12km Mountain Trail Run
- Php 1,450.00 / 25km Mountain Trail Run
- Php 1,800.00 / 50km Mountain Ultra Trail Run
- Inclusive of the following: Finisher Shirt, Medal, Race Bandana, Personalized Bib Number and Post Race Meal.
- 25km and 50km finishers will get a FREE MGM Mountain Rockstar Cap
- Registration Period: June 21 – July 22, 2016
- Registration Procedure:
- Deposit the registration fee to:
- Account Name: Rayman D. delos Angeles
- BPI Savings Acct Num: 3199-1456-56
- Send a scanned copy of the deposit slip to email@example.com with your name, gender, race distance and size of finisher shirt . Subject: MGM MT. BATOLUSONG REGISTRATION”.
- Please keep and present the deposit slip when claiming the race kit on the race day.
- Deposit the registration fee to:
- Private Transportation
- From Cubao take Aurora Blvd. East Bound and continue straight to Marcos Highway. You will pass by Sta. Lucia Grand Mall, Masinag, and Cogeo. After Cogeo, you will traverse zigzag roads.
- You will pass by Palo Alto and Garden Cottages. A few meters from Kilometer Post 51, the Welcome Arch to Barangay San Andres is on the other side of the road (left side). This is actually the place that locals refer to as Batangasan or Batangas.
- Follow the road leading down to the valley that is Brgy. San Andres. You will pass through two small bridges. Take the left turn after the Brgy. Chapel. The Brgy. Hall cum registration area is located 30 meters from the main road and just before the covered court. From Batangasan, the Brgy. Hall is more or less 4 kms in distance.
- Early morning travel from Cubao to Brgy. San Andres is 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Public Transportation
- From Cubao, take a jeep or FX to Cogeo Gate 2 (Php 35 FX).
- Once in Cogeo, proceed to the jeepney terminal adjacent to the market and take the jeepney going to Sampaloc/Tanay.
- Tell the driver to drop you off at Batangasan/Batangas. (1 hour travel time).
- Hire a habal-habal or tricycle to San Andres Barangay Hall. (15 minutes travel time).