Growing up in the high altitude distance in Baguio City, La Union was a constant escape during summer for a time at the beach or just chilling in a warmer climate and more laid back setting. It was just a little over an hour away from Baguio City. It’s capital city, San Fernando, La Union, would boast a lot of attraction being a center for development in the area. La Union is also surrounded by beaches being situated near the West Philippine Sea. Among the towns with great beaches is San Juan, La Union. It’s been a haven for surfing and also owns one of the more scenic sunsets in the Country.
The San Juan Sunset
KU IKAIKA 2013 Marathon
Kahuna Beach in San Juan is slated to the the start and end point of the La Union Ku Ikaika Marathon. Start refreshed with the splendid view of the beach and go to several towns San Juan, San Fernando and San Gabriel before heading back for another scenic look at the beach for the finish. Ku Ikaika means stand strong and with a distance ranging from 3k, 5K, 10K, 21K and 42K only the strong will endure. So do you have what it takes to conquer the terrains of La Union? The route would be scenic as part of La Union’s road have views of the sea so this is a race that will have your eyes treated to wonderful peeks of the West Philippine Sea so put that adventurous spirit and register and be part of the strong and the brave to conquer this terrains.
The Race Singlet
The Race Details
- Date and Venue: February 23, 2013, Kahuna Beach, San Juan, La Union (Race would be passing through San Juan, San Fernando and San Gabriel)
- Distance: 3K, 5K, 10K, 21K, 42K
- Registration Period: November 15, 2012 to February 15, 2013
- Registration Centers:
- Kubo, San Fernando City Hall
- Baguio City, Outdoor Kinetix & Render Farm / Philipp 09222604201
- JCI San Fernando Saluyot Bank Account, Nikki 09175000272
- A Runner’s Circle, Manila
- Contact Person: Phillip Aquino Pacle (09222604201)