Catanduanes is truly captivating. After the successful Isla Catanduanes Ultramarathon last year, comes another challenge designed to test your running and endurance skills and at the same time explore the beautiful island of Catanduanes. Come June 24, 2017, get to run the island once again with a 6 hours and 12 hours endurance run.
Catanduanes is one of the most beautiful island in the country. It’s rich with natural wonders like beaches, waterfalls and even overlooking ridges across the island. When it comes to terrains and elevations, it’s a challenge as the road goes rolling with long ascents and descents. ICU Challenge happens on June 24, 2017 at Virac, Catanduanes. This special ICU edition is designed to test the physical and emotional endurance over running for 6 hours and 12 hours. It is open to all first-timers, enthusiasts and hardcore runners. Aside from exploring the town of Virac by foot, ICU Challenge will give you a chance to visit the most popular places, views and taste the sumptuous dishes on the island of Catanduanes.
It’s simple just run as much 6 kilometer loops as you can with the 6 hours required to have a minimum of 6 loops (36 kilometers) and the 12 hours required to have a minimum of 9 loops (54 kilometers). It’s an excellent way to build up on mileage for your next marathon or ultramarathon race. It could also be your tune up race over the much longer Isla Catanduanes Ultramarathon happening later in the year. So gear up, run and explore the island of Catanduanes.
Date and Venue
- Date: June 24, 2017
- Venue: Virac, Catanduanes
Fees and Inclusions
- Php 1,000 – 12 hours
- Php 800 – 6 hours
- Inclusions: Finisher’s Medal, Finisher’s Shirt, Finisher’s Certificate and post-race meal
- Registration Period: April 04 – May 31, 2017
- Payment thru Bank Deposit
- Bank: Banco De Oro
- Account Number: 002120110502
- Account Name: John Henri A. Mariano
- Send your deposit slip via email to email@example.com together with your name, contact number and shirt size.
Rules and Regulations:
- All participants must be at the starting area 1 hour before the gun start.
- Participants should be 18 years old and up.
- Participants must be physically fit!
- Race Bib must be visible at all times.
- Support vehicle is not allowed.
- Runners to litter; anyone caught for this will lead to disqualification. Let us all help preserve the town of Virac.
- All the participants will run in an open traffic.
- Runners are required to run at the left side of the road for safety reason.
- Runners who want to leave the race or want to discontinue the race he/she must notify the race officials.
- All Runners must follow the correct route.
- Runners must run in single file.
- Pacers are not allowed.
- Registration fee is non-Refundable and non-Transferable.
- The organizer will provide aid stations along the route.
- To be considered as finisher of 12 hours, you must finish at least 54kms or equivalent of 9 loops on or before the cut-off time. Six (6)km per loop.
- To be considered as finisher of 6 hours, you must finish at least 36km or equivalent of 6 loops on or before the cut-off time. Six (6)km per loop.
- Organizers have the right to remove any participants from the race either because of cheating, not following rules or due to medical emergencies.
- The most number of loops finished within the cut-off time considered at the top finishers. (Male & Female- Champion, 1st Runner-Up and 2nd Runner-up).
- Top Finishers for 6 hours and 12 hours category both Male and Female will receive podium trophies.
- Rain or shine the event will takes place.
- The race is designed for first timers!
- All the participants MUST sign the WAIVER before the race.
- Race kit claiming date and venue to be announced very soon.
- NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE DISTANCE/ROUTE.
- Be prepared and don’t think it would be an easy feat, but it will be a fun and outstanding adventure.
- There will be no cash prizes to be given to the top finishers.
- ICU Organizer, at any time, may make changes on the course and race details or rules for the benefit of all runners.
- Any runner caught cheating or violating the race rules will be subject to outright disqualification. The Race Organizer’s decision is final.
- Enjoy the race. Run if you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just don’t QUIT!
- Register now, limited slots only!
- Good luck and hope to see you!
- John Henri Mariano
- 0909 825 6457 | 0999 902 8886
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Origanized by Part Events