It’s a ride all you can weekend on October 8-9, 2016 as Filinvest Endurance Weekend is back. Passionate bikers converge at Filinvest City once again as they ride unlimited for 6 hours, 12 hours and 24 hours category.
Filinvest Endurance Weekend
Filinvest Endurance Weekend has gone a long way from its very first staging a few years ago. It has evolved to be among the key endurance biking events that passionate cyclists and teams are looking forward to. You have the Filinvest trails, which is among the most bike friendly trail available and you have a team aimed at keeping the bike meet organized and challenging. How many loops can you make in a span of 6 hours? 12 hours? and 24 hours? This is a test of will, strength and endurance.
Crazy as it seem. The endurance weekend is among the events that some cyclists are waiting for . According to Coach Donjie Dormitorio, you forget about the time, the fatigue and the effort of a 24 hour ride but you just remember the love and passion for cycling.
If you love to bike? Endurance weekend is something for you to try and… try again and again. The route this year would be a lot more challenging since they would do the reverse loop of the regular cycling loop in Filinvest City. There will be more ascents on this route. It’s advised that you do try out the trails too for you to get the feel of the trails and be familiar with the elevation profile and surfaces.
For more information, visit Filinvest City website (www.filinvestcity.com) or Filinvest City’s Official Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/ FilinvestCityOFFICIAL). You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
Date and Venue
- Date: October 8-9, 2016
- Venue: Pacific Rim, Filinvest City, Alabang
- Gun Start:
- 24 hours: October 8, 12 noon
- 12 hours: October 8, 5 pm
- 6 hours: October 9, 6 am
Fees and Inclusions
- Solo (Male/Female):
- 24 hours: P 2,500
- 12 hours: P2,000
- 6 hours: P1,500
- Team (All Male / Mixed)
- 24 hours: P6,500
- 12 hours: P 3,500
- Race kit includes a Filinvest Endurance Weekend Bike Jersey
- All finishers and winners will receive a race medal
- Epic Cycles, Unit 114 Commercenter Building, Filinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa
- Cycling Zone, Shell Gas Station, Alabang-Zapote Roade, Alabang Muntinlupa
- Multisport Hub, Nuvali, Solenad 3, Nuvali , Sta Rosa Laguna
- Paulina’s Cycling Center, Blue Bay Walk, Macapagal Ave., Pasay City
- John Wilkie Bike Shop, J.P. Rizal Street, Barangay Conception I, Marikina City, Metro Manila
- Velocipede Bike Shop, Building B, Royal Place Mall, Beirut Street, Don Antonio, Quezon City
- The Brick Multisport Store, Woolridge Apartments, McKinley Hills, Taguig, Metro Manila
- Storck Store Manila, United Street, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila
- South Cycle, Suite 104 Greenworld Plaza, Presidents Avenue, BF Homes Paranaque
- Website: Filinivest City
Rules and Regulations
- Race Course.
- The course is a loop course of up to 6.2KM consisting of single-track and asphalt roads. It will be marked by the use of a mixture of arrows, buntings, and traffic cones.
- There will be sections throughout the course where there are no markings.
- There will be no decision points either –just keep riding. At the end of each lap the course passes through Transition Zone.
- Control Point.
- There will be at least one control point out on the course. It will be manned for the full 24 hours and race numbers will be checked.
- To assist, please call out your race number to the control point team. Additional spot checkpoints may be positioned at random locations.
- The control point will have radio contact with the Race HQ.
- Race Numbers.
- Each rider is given an individual race number. This must be attached to the seat posto f the bike.
- In order for your lap to be timed and counted you must ensure that your race number is visible.
- Do not deface, or trim the race number.
- Transition Zone(TZ)
- The (TZ) is the only area where you can exit the race course. This is also where teams swap riders and hand over the band. Spectators are not permitted in the TZ.
- As you come through the TZ, here are a few simple rules to make life easier for everyone
- WALK, WALK,WALK (there is no riding in the TZ)
- Call out your number to the timing crew to assist in recording your lap
- Help your team mate with the transition
- After you have completed the transition, VERY promptly clear the area and move outside the TZ to catch your breath, have a chat or warm down
- All teams or individuals must complete the minimum number of laps to be counted as a finisher.
- Minimum Number of Laps:
- 24 Hour: 24 laps
- 12 Hour: 12 laps
- 6 Hour: 6 laps
- 24 Hour Teams of 3: 8 laps per member
- 12 Hour Teams of 2: 6 laps per member