“Being on top of a mountain gives you an appreciation of nature’s raw beauty. The Cordillera Mountain Marathon gives you more than that with about 60% of the 42 kilometer route and the full 11 kilometer route 2000 meters above sea level. That’s a scenic delight that will give you a view of pristine areas with the natural and cultural diversity of the Cordilleras up close.”
Cordillera Mountain Marathon
Cordillera Mountain Marathon would be a real challenge with ascents that will test your limits passing through dirt trails, mountains, rivers, forest trails, bridges and grasslands. The course would give you a variety that would keep your eyes visually treated, your other senses enticed with the fresh scent of nature and chilled by the cold mountain breeze. That’s something that would make this race epic and making each tough stride across in the race worth it. This is a tough one though as the high altitude of 2,000 meters and above would give you a thinner air, the long and steep climbs can literally take your breath away and, the weather can deviate and be a real challenge. With that said, this is something that YOU can DO with proper build up and preparation.
But if you are up for this, the tough climbs would strengthen you and your character and the high altitude would give you a breathtaking view of nature. Each difficult stride would be rewarded by an awesome view of the mountains, the rivers, the forest trails, the grasslands and the lush green surroundings of the Natural Beauty of the Cordilleras. This is more than a race, it’s a chance to tour the area and appreciate what the Cordillera has to offer. It would be a great way to bond with friends and other runners as the tougher climbs would be a lot easier in good company.
This is one of the races to look forward in 2015 and just imagining the diversity of the route would just make you say WOW!!! The challenge, the views and the experience is gonna be legendary. Everything happens on March 22, 2015 with a Marathon distance (42 kilometers) and 11 kilometers with the Start at Mt Pulag Ranger Station, Badabak, Kabayan, Benguet.
Date and Venue:
- March 22, 2015, Starting Line at Mt. Pulag Ranger Station, Badabak, Kabayan Benguet
- Fill out necessary registration detail for the registration form here: via Cordillera Mountain Marathon Site
- Pay registration fee:
- 42K – P3000 / USD80 for Non Filipino
- 11K – _2000 / USD55 for Non Filipino
- Bank Details:
- Bank: Banco De Oro (BDO) La Trinidad, Benget
- Account Name: Cordillera Conservation Trust Inc.
- Account Number: 005180173761
- Email deposit slip to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable. Refund is not available in case of cancellation or postponement of the race due to fortuitous events or factors beyond the control of the race organizer.
- Email duly accomplished medical certificate to the event organizer certifying that you are healthy enough to join the marathon or a trail run at email@example.com
Race Kit Claiming
- Mt. Pulag Elementary School, Badabak, Kabayan, Benguet
- March 20, 2015, 8 am to 5 pm
- 42K – 4 am
- 11K – 5 am