Color Manila Run
Among the more common comment I get to read on my run blogs is that some wish that they could be a part of a run event. Some would want to try a shorter distance than the more common 5K, 10K, Half and Full Marathon distances. Yet some would want to make this a family affair where kids can also join in the fun. Here’s one run that would be a good one for newbies and seasoned runners alike. Color Manila Run has distances of 1.5K, 3K, 5K and just recently added a 10K for newbie and seasoned runners aching to jump start their 2013 season on a colorful note. It doesn’t get more colorful than this one as you get showered by different colored powders along the way. It’s not just going to be a colorful one but a festive one as well as color station volunteers get to cheer you along the way. Whether you’re splattered with Yellow, Blue, Pink, Green or Purple, it’s meant to make your run a more colorful experience.
Start 2013 on a colorful note and if you’re outside looking inside the runners world, here’s your chance to conquer your first race and try the shorter distance. This is also a good run for the whole family, I’m sure kids would love the color display once they are in the race course. Of course, runners could also opt to do the 10K distance for a more colorful fun along the way. Time to bring in all the fun and the laughter in the race course as the running arena has never been this colorful and upbeat. Expect also the country’s hottest music artists as they provide the rhythm that will drive your strides during the race and then glide to the finish line not only dripping from hard earned sweat but also the different hues you’ve been showered during the race.
The Race Details
- Date and Venue: January 6, 2013 at Bonifacio Global City
- Distances: 1.5K, 3K, 5K and 10K
- Registration and Fees – Registration Fee is P750 and race kits will include: A KangaROOS pouch with race bib, Color Manila shirt, Color Manila sunglasses and gift certificates from sponsors
- Registration Centers – Runnr branches at Bonifacio Global City, Rockwell, and Trinoma, and Toby’s branches at Mall of Asia, Megamall, and Greenbelt 3
- Registration Period – Starts October 24, 2012 and is now extended until December 30, 2012 or until supply last.
- The Cause – The run would also be for the benefit of Republikha, a non-stock, non profit organization that aims to empower the next generation through music and education, and Hop-E, a foundation moving towards helping eradicate poverty through the four elements, Education, Empowerment, Employment, and Events.
See you at the run and don’t forget your spirit of fun and adventure as we welcome 2013 in the most colorful, upbeat and healthy way.