Cycle Asia is the premier cycle events in the region organized by Spectrum Worldwide. Among the recent ventures were the highly successful OCBC Cycle Singapore and OCBC Cycle Malaysia with 11,500 and 5,000 participants, respectively who enjoyed a rare chance of cycling on closed roads for this event. The Cycle Asia event will also expand to Australia via the Gold Coast Festival of Cycling and there are plans to introduce Cycle Asia events to other locations such as Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Myanmar, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam in future years. The unique part of this event is that it gathers cyclist from all ages and all skill levels for various cycling events in a span of a few days. And here’s the best part as Cycle Asia comes to the Philippines and partners with Sunrise Events, who is also the organizer of Ironman and Xterra events in the country and Bonifacio Global City, which is one of the premier development projects and a center for sports, fitness and lifestyle enthusiast. Welcome to BGC Cycle Philippines happening on November 17-19, 2013 at the confines of Bonifacio Global City.
The event will cater to cyclists of all ages and abilities with The Tricycle Ride, The Kids’ Ride, The Community Ride (20km), The Challenge (40km) and various Criterium categories. The entire family will also be kept entertained throughout the three-day event with a wide range of fun activities in the Cycling & Lifestyle Expo.
While run events has been a dynamic part of the lifestyle of people in the country, Cycling has emerged as a promising sport with cycling, duathlon and triathlon events on the rise in the country and with this comes BGC Cycle Philippines, which is also a way to promote sports tourism. The bike route would highlight some key attractions in BGC area until the Roxas Boulevard area for the challenge ride. Aside from cycling action in BGC Cycle Philippines, Bonifacio Global City will offer a wide range of activities for tourists to take advantage of during their stay. The district is well known for its open-air lifestyle retail and dining concept and public art program, as well as a world-class science museum and parks.
Registration activities start on August 1 via online registration and a Cobra Ironman Launch Special where participants in this premier triathlon event are given special registration rates.
Update: Early Bird Registration Rate has been extended until August 31, 2013.
Update: In Store Registration will begin on September 15, 2013 at Rudy Project BGC and Podium Mall.
All participants, upon registration will receive premium items from event sponsors which include Rudy Project shades, official cycle wear from F2P and technical tees from Felt Bikes as part of their registration inclusions.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The event will be held for three days from November 15 until 17, 2013 with the following schedule:
- Cycling and Lifestyle Expo – November 15 to 17, 2013
- Kids’ Ride – November 16, 2013
- Community and Challenge Ride – November 17. 2013
- Cycling and lifestyle Expo is open for participants and non-participants.
CYCLE PACK COLLECTION
- Cycle pack claiming will be from November 15 and 16 at the Cycling and Lifestyle Expo at the SEDA Hotel in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.
- The following will be the contents of the cycle pack per ride category:
- Sizing Chart for the tees and jersey.
- You can have a representative claim your kit with a letter of authorization and a copy of your valid ID.
- Tees and Jerseys
Aside from all the neat stuff from this event, the BGC Cycle Philippines will have as its beneficiary the Firefly Brigade whose advocacy is to actively promote the bicycle as a sustainable form of transportation. The BGC Cycle Philippines can even jump start and promote the use of bikes as means of transportation.
BGC Cycle Philippines is brought to you by BGC as its Title Sponsor, Fox International Channel as co-presentor and made possible with the efforts of the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA), Gatorade (Hydration Partner), Seda Hotel (Official Residence), Philippine Star (Media Partner) and others including Rudy Project, F2P and Felt Bikes.
Other relevant information
- Almost all types of bicycles are allowed to be used during any of the ride categories except for the following bikes and equipment:
- Bikes with disc wheels / rim covers
- Bikes with aero or extension bars
- Bikes with fixed wheels with no brakes
- Fixed gear bikes
- Time Trial or Triathlon bikes
- Motorized bikes
- Recumbent bike
- Schedule of rides
- Cut-off time will be three (3) hours from the release of the last wave of riders per category.
- Group riders will be released as a group but are not expected to finish at the same time.
- Challenge riders will be timed individually regardless if they registered via a group or not.
- Hydration, aid stations, medical stations and portable toilets will be available in the start, finish and some areas in the course.
- A uniquely-crafted BGC Cycling Philippines Finisher’s Medal with the particular ride category engraved on it will be given to finishers.
- A post-ride Cycling and Lifestyle Expo area will also be open to all participants and their non-participating companions alike where a wide range of fun activities for every member of the family can be found.
- An awarding ceremony honouring the top and special finishers of each ride will also be held. Please visit www.cyclephilippines.com for details of event prizes.
- For inquiries or concerns, you can get in touch with us through any of the following:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.cyclephilippines.com
- Facebook: BGC Cycle Philippines
Come Join BGC Cycle Philippines
This is a cycling event that can be enjoyed by any cyclist from kids to teens to adults and at any skill level. I’m one of excited bunch of people who’d want to take part in this event as it’s a rare opportunity to be able to ride in the closed streets of Bonifacio Global City and have a jersey, a medal and a shades from this event. Of course, it’s also gonna be a fun, choose your own pace and choose your own distance kind of event. I know you can’t wait too.